Degrees - Graduation - Content
Higher Education Graduation
Eligibility to Graduate
To be eligible to attend a graduation ceremony, you must have:
- met the course completion requirements (successfully completed correct number of subjects including both core and electives);
- completed all assessment activities required in your course;
- resolved any outstanding subject results; and
- paid any outstanding fees or debts to TAFE NSW (tuition, loans, library fines, equipment fees).
If you have completed or are nearing the end of your Higher Education course, please confirm with your Course Coordinator whether you are eligible to graduate.
Once you have confirmed that you are eligible to graduate, please complete this Form to register your interest to course complete and attend the next graduation ceremony.
TAFE NSW Higher Education graduation ceremonies are held at Ultimo campus twice a year.
The next graduation ceremonies will be held on Thursday, 27 October 2022.
TAFE NSW Higher Education graduation ceremonies are held at Turner Hall, TAFE NSW Ultimo (651-731 Harris Street, Ultimo 2007).
If you are eligible to attend a graduation ceremony, your Graduation Invitation will be sent to your TAFE email address four to six weeks before your graduation date. The invitation will address relevant information regarding your graduation ceremony.
If you are a TAFE NSW international student and wish to obtain a completion letter or require evidence to support visa applications for family members to attend the graduation please email your International Customer Experience Coordinator.
Fees and Payments
The graduation fee of $130 includes the following:
- Tickets to the ceremony for you and two (2) guests
- An official graduation program for your ceremony*
- Hire of your academic gown and hood*
- A graduation cap for you to keep*
- Light refreshments served to you and your guests after the ceremony
* These items will be given to you on the day of your ceremony at registration.
NOTE: The academic gown and hood should not leave the TAFE Ultimo campus. They must be returned to the Muse (Building C) within one hour after the ceremony ends. A replacement fee will be charged for academic regalia that is not returned.
If you wish to attend the next graduation ceremony you must RSVP and pay the graduation fee by the due date. We cannot accept payment on the day of the ceremony.
Change of Name
Graduation documents are issued in the name you have registered on the TAFE Student Management System. Should you wish to change the name that will be printed on your testamur you need to send an email from your student email address to SASAdmissions@tafensw.edu.au requesting a name change together with a completed Enrolment adjustment change of personal details form and evidence to support your proposed name change. Name change requests must be submitted no less than 2 weeks prior to the graduation ceremony. Please contact 131 601 for additional support.
On the day of your Ceremony
You must register on arrival at Ultimo campus. Registration opens 90 minutes before your ceremony, and you will be able to collect your seating tickets and academic gown at registration. Registration is at The Muse – North Wing (Building C) Ultimo campus.
Ceremonies take approximately 90 minutes. A full schedule will be published closer to the graduation.
- You must arrive no later than 45 minutes before commencement of the ceremony
- Graduands and their guests should be seated 20 minutes before the ceremony in the seat corresponding to the number on their ticket and for the instructions to the ceremony proceedings
- Guest seating is provided inside Turner Hall and it is non-allocated
- Lift access is available for prams, strollers and wheelchair via the back entrance of Turner Hall
Live Streaming of Ceremony
There will be livestreaming available during the event and the details will be updated on this page.
Graduates and their two guests are invited to enjoy light refreshments after the graduation ceremony.
During the ceremony, professional stage photographs will be taken of each graduate as they receive their testamur.
Photography services will be set up in The Muse – South Wing (Building C) where you will be able to purchase a professional photography package, testamur framing, and graduation memorabilia before and after the ceremony.
Parking and Public Transport
TAFE NSW is unable to provide parking on campus, however there is 2 hour metered parking in surrounding streets as well as several parking stations within short walking distance to TAFE Ultimo campus. TAFE Ultimo campus is conveniently located close to Central Railway Station and the Central Station Bus Interchange on George Street.
All graduation ceremonies are subject to COVID health orders in place at the time and may require ceremonies to be cancelled at short notice.
Cancellation of Ceremony
A full refund of the Graduation Fee will be issued if you decide to cancel your attendance and notify us prior to 24 hours of your ceremony. The cancellation link will be available on your invitation email.