International - Scholarship - DA
Destination Australia Scholarship - Domestic - Content
Destination Australia Scholarship
Destination Australia Scholarships are funded by the Commonwealth Government, and are designed to attract and support students who choose to live and study in regional communities.
Each Scholarship provides $15,000* per student per year of course enrolment to support costs for living and studying in regional Australia.
Scholarships are provided for specific courses and locations only, as shown below, and require full time class attendance for a minimum of 20 hours per week.
For more information, visit the Destination Australia website.
Semester 2 Course List
|Wollongbar||Diploma of Hospitality Management (SIT50416)|
|Primary Industries Centre||Diploma of Agriculture (AHC50116)|
Closing date: 17 June 2022
Please read the terms and conditions carefully before completing your application. To be eligible for a TAFE NSW Destination Australia Program Scholarship, applicants MUST:
- be a new student to TAFE NSW (for the purposes of the Destination Australia Program, a “new student” encompasses all students who commence their studies at a regional tertiary education provider, including those students who commenced study at another provider and transferred; a student who commences a new course of study, e.g. moved from a pathway program to an undergraduate program; a student that may have studied with TAFE NSW in the past; someone that is currently studying at TAFE NSW in a different course or location; a student completely new to TAFE NSW); and
- be enrolled in one of the courses and locations identified under the TAFE NSW Destination Australia Program; and
- be studying full time and attending face to face classes; and
- maintain ongoing residency in a regional area as defined by the 2016 Australian Statistical Geography Standard; and
- Remoteness Structure from the Australian Bureau of Statistics for the duration of each of study period; and
- demonstrate commitment to your studies; and
- maintain compliance with all of the criteria set out in the terms and conditions under criterion 4.0.
Download and complete the application form. Ensure you sign the declaration and attach all relevant supporting documents.
Scan and email the Application form with supporting documents to: DestinationAustralia@tafensw.edu.au by 17 June 2022.
Scholarships - Destination Australia - FAQs - Domestic
Frequently Asked Questions
The scholarship is valued at $15,000 for courses delivered over 12 months and capped at $22,500 for courses delivered over 18 months.
- The relevant Head Teacher for each course, or a suitable replacement
- The Director for Student Services and Support in each region, or a suitable Student Services representative
New students are encouraged to apply, however if successful, you must be enrolled in an eligible TAFE NSW qualification at the time of receiving the Scholarship. If you are not enrolled in an eligible TAFE NSW qualification, you will not be eligible to receive the scholarship.
An Australian government initiative