Scholarships - Lighthouse
Scholarships - Lighthouse Australia
Lighthouse Club Australia Scholarship
The Lighthouse Club Australia Scholarship exists to help educationally or financially disadvantaged young students commence a career in the construction industry.
There is one scholarship available to eligible applicants for the TAFE NSW Ultimo or St George campuses. The scholarship has a total value of up to $2,500, to be used against study costs. The scholarship amount is not transferable or redeemable for cash.
Closing date: 5pm Wednesday 31 August 2022
To be eligible for the scholarship you must meet all of the following eligibility requirements:
- You must be a young student (aged 25 or under) who will be undertaking a Certificate IV in Building and Construction at TAFE NSW’s Ultimo or St George campuses.
- You must be new to the construction industry (i.e. you must be starting your career in construction).
- You must demonstrate educational or financial disadvantage or need, such as through:
- being unemployed and seeking to enter the workforce
- experiencing low socio-economic status
- being a young person at risk
- living in a rural or remote area of Australia
- being disabled or experiencing a chronic illness, or
- being of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent
You must also be an Australian citizen, permanent resident, humanitarian visa holder or New Zealand citizen, be living in NSW and meet all of the applicable TAFE NSW enrolment requirements. Unless otherwise approved by TAFE NSW, you must commence the course in Semester 2, 2022 and cannot defer your commencement date.
Any scholarship awarded is on the basis that you enrol in a specified course and maintain an active enrolment status. Your scholarship may be terminated if your enrolment status changes (e.g. you withdraw from your course). If you are awarded the scholarship, any other TAFE NSW scholarship, grant or bursary that you currently hold will be rescinded.
Download and complete the Scholarship Application form. Ensure you sign the declaration and attach all relevant supporting documents.
Scan and email the Scholarship Application form with supporting documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm Wednesday 31 August 2022.