INTERNATIONAL - Enrol - How to Apply - Application Process - Content
Step 1 - Choose a course and location
Choose from over 200 courses and 55 locations. If you need any help deciding which course is right for you, talk to one of our International Student Support officers.
Step 2 – Download and complete the application form
- Download and complete the TAFE NSW application form
- To apply online, look for the 'Apply Online' button on course or package pages
Step 3 – Prepare your documents and submit your application form
To apply online, look for the 'Apply Online' button on course pages.
If you have already started an online application you can check its progress by logging into the Apply Online application system.
Attach supporting documents
Attach certified copies of the following documents to your application:
- Personal details and visa pages of your passport
- Academic transcripts and/or award certificates
- English language test results e.g. IELTS or TOEFL
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) membership card (if held)
- Financial/sponsorship documents (If you are required by the DHA to provide evidence of financial capacity or if you are from Bangladesh, Cambodia, India, Kenya, Nepal, Philippines or Sri Lanka)
Note: A 'certified copy' is a copy of an original document, signed and dated by one of the following officials, stating that they have seen the original document and that the copy is a true copy of that document:
- Official from the organisation that issued the original document
- Government official
- Public Notary
- Justice of the Peace
Faxed versions of certified copies are not acceptable. Please provide English translations of your documents.
If you are applying for a TAFE NSW to University pathway program, you will also need to complete the relevant university application form.
Australian Catholic University (ACU)1
Charles Sturt University (CSU)2
University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
1 Applicants must apply through approved representatives of ACU and TAFE NSW. Direct applications will be accepted.
2 Applicants must apply through approved representatives of CSU and TAFE NSW. Direct offshore applicants will be referred to an approved representative; direct onshore applicants will be interviewed by CSU. Applications from TAFE NSW representatives who are not approved CSU representatives will be considered on an individual basis, please contact TAFE NSW Australia for more information.
Step 4 – Receive your Confirmation of Offer Letter & Accept your Offer
Confirmation of Offer
If your application is successful, we will send you:
- A Confirmation of Offer (Letter of Offer) (Please note: this is not your electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE) for Visa purposes)
- Invoice for fee payments
- Airport pickup and accommodation fees, if you have requested them
Please read the Terms and Conditions carefully and follow the instructions in your letter before paying your tuition and health cover fees.
If your application is unsuccessful we will send you a letter outlining the reason or reasons you were unsuccessful.
Accepting your Offer
To accept your offer of a place, sign the acceptance form and pay your fees and charges on your invoice including the TAFE NSW to University package deposit (if relevant).
If we’ve requested any additional documents, please provide these documents with your payment.
Payment must be made in Australian dollars:
- At any Westpac Bank in Australia
- By BPAY
- By credit card (Visa or MasterCard)
- By bank cheque
- By bank draft
- By postal money order
Bank cheque, bank draft or postal money order must be made payable to ‘TAFE NSW' and should be sent to the address listed on the invoice.
Please note: TAFE NSW will not be held responsible for any monies paid to a TAFE NSW representative.
Step 5 – Apply for your visa and enrol at TAFE NSW
Apply for your visa
Once we receive your payment, you’ll be issued with an electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE) form. Use the eCoE form to apply for your student visa.
Create your Unique Student Identifier
The Unique Student Identifier or USI is a reference number made up of 10 numbers and letters that:
- creates a secure online record of your recognised training and qualifications gained in Australia
- will give you access to your training records and transcripts
- is free and easy to create and
It is a compulsory part of the enrolment process, unless you are enrolling in a degree course.
Step 6 – Congratulations on Enrolment and Welcome to Australia!
Thank you for joining the TAFE NSW community. We know that your time with us will create lifelong memories and friendships, exciting new experiences and provide you with outstanding opportunities.