Disability Support Services

Disability Support Services

View contact details

Select your region and then campus to view specific Disability Support Services contact details if available.

If you can't find contact details for a service near you, please try either our online contact form or calling us on 131 601.

If you have a long term impairment, disability or a medical condition, TAFE NSW may be able to offer you services and support to help you succeed in your studies.

  • Do you have a chronic medical condition? (For example Lupus, Epilepsy, Chronic Asthma, Crohn’s Disease)
  • Are you in recovery from a medical condition? (For example Cancer, Autoimmune Disease, Brain injury)
  • Do you have a physical disability or a mobility, vision or hearing impairment?
  • Did you have trouble with learning at school? Do you consider yourself to have dyslexia or a learning disability?
  • Have you experienced anxiety or depression which may have impacted your day-to-day life?
  • Do you have a mental health diagnosis?
  • Are you on the Autism Spectrum?
  • Do you have an Intellectual Disability?

Do you identify as having a disability or condition that may impact on your ability to study, or think that you might? Talk to us about the services we can offer you.

You can find out about our services below.

Helping you make the most of your ability

At TAFE NSW we understand that every student has individual needs. If you are living with an injury, a disability or a health condition, we can provide support for your studies.

The decision to take on study is a big one - if you are ready, we want to be there for you, helping you take advantage of every opportunity, from enrolment through to graduation.

By letting us know about your disability, health condition or extra learning needs at the time you enrol, we will be able to help you get the right support, and may even be able to save you money on your fees!

Of course, a Disability Consultant will need to verify your disability, so please bring any documentation you have concerning your injury, disability or medical condition to your first appointment.

Remember, if you are not sure about any of this please ask, so we can help clarify your particular situation.

Phone calls for the hearing-or speech-impaired

If you are deaf, hearing-impaired or speech-impaired, the National Relay Service (NRS) lets you call or take phone calls from anyone at any time. A trained officer relays the phone conversation between you and the other party. Depending on your circumstances, you need a standard telephone, a computer with modem, or a TTY (teletypewriter).

The NRS is an Australian initiative and is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. All relay calls are confidential. Using the NRS, costs about the same as a local phone call. Free training is available on making relay calls.

  • If you are a TTY or voice user, ring 13 36 77 then dial the phone number you wish to call.
  • If you are a Speak and Listen user, ring 1300 555 727 then ask for the phone number you wish to call.
  • If you are an internet relay user, go to www.relayservice.com.au and enter the phone number you wish to call.