Kapooka Legacy Scholarship - TAFE NSW
Scholarships - Kapooka Legacy - Banner
Kapooka Legacy Scholarship - Content
Kapooka Legacy Scholarship
The 1st Army Recruit Training Centre at Kapooka and The Legacy Club of Wagga Wagga are offering a scholarship to a student studying at TAFE NSW Wagga Wagga or the TAFE NSW Primary Industries Centre.
Valued at $2,000, this scholarship will provide financial assistance to enable the successful scholarship recipient to further their education and career.
Applications close on Friday, 29 March 2019 at 5pm
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- Be enrolled as a full-time student or as an apprentice or trainee, in a course of study at TAFE NSW Wagga Wagga or the TAFE NSW Primary Industries Centre, commencing in 2019, and
- You must have:
- have served in the Australian Army, or
- are a Junior Legatee and are attached to a Legacy Club, or
- are a partner of a serving member of the Australian Army, or
- are a dependent or direct descendant of a currently serving or retired member of the Australian Army
Applicants must provide the following information with their application:
- The Discharge Certificate OR name, service number, rank and unit of the serving or retired member of the Australian Army.
- All questions on the application form must be answered. These include questions about your previous education, your career plan, and how your study and the scholarship funds will help you to achieve these goals. We’ll also ask about work experience, community involvement and evidence of your motivation and ability to apply yourself to study or work.
- Include references, and the names and contact details of two referees.
- You may also include any other information or documentation which you believe will support your application. Ability to demonstrate commitment and involvement in the community e.g. volunteer positions, community activities, advisory groups etc.
After reviewing all applications, a shortlist of applicants will be called to attend an interview to be held at TAFE NSW Wagga Wagga on a date to be advised. Final selection will be made by the selection committee on the basis of the application, interview and referee’s reports.