Scholarships - S&L Steel - Banner
S&L Steel WHS Scholarship
S&L Steel Work, Health & Safety Scholarship
The aim of the S&L Steel Work and Safety Scholarship is to build a greater Work Health and Safety competence across the community in NSW, particularly in Western Sydney and to invest in the future of Work Health and Safety leaders.
There are 26 scholarships available to eligible Applicants who are currently working in a supervisory role in a WHS context and want to pursue their education at TAFE NSW.
Each awarded scholarship has a total value of up to $1,850 which is to be used against applicable Course fees. The Scholarship amount is not transferable or redeemable for cash.
Closing date: 5pm, Sunday 15 January 2023
To be eligible for the Scholarship you must meet all the following eligibility requirements:
- you must be eligible to enrol, as a TAFE NSW student in the Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety at TAFE NSW and meet all the applicable TAFE NSW enrolment requirements; and
- delayed start date available for applications received up until the 15 January 2023*.
- you must be currently working in a role that involves limited responsibility/supervision of others in a WHS context.
Any Scholarship awarded is on the basis that you enrol in a specified course and maintain an active enrolment status. Your Scholarship may be terminated if your enrolment status changes (e.g. you withdraw from your course). If you are awarded the Scholarship, any other TAFE NSW scholarship, grant or bursary that you currently hold will be rescinded.
* Start date subject to change pending application review.
- Complete the Scholarship Application Form via the Apply Now, 5pm, Sunday 15 January 2023 (or any later closing date subsequently published by TAFE NSW). If your application is received after the closing date, is incomplete or does not meet the requirements set out in the Scholarship terms and conditions, it will not be considered.
- Once you have completed your Application, TAFE NSW will contact you via email requesting you to provide additional supporting documents. You must provide all these documents by due date, or your application will be withdrawn.
- By submitting your Scholarship Application Form, you accept the Scholarship terms and conditions and are taken to have read them.
- TAFE NSW will convene a Panel to assess all valid Applications. Applications will be assessed on a merit basis and based on your responses in your application, the supporting documentation provided and the Scholarship eligibility requirements. The Panel will, in its sole discretion, determine the award of the Scholarship (if any). The decision of the Panel will be final.
- All applicants will be notified of the outcome, with successful applicants notified within 2 weeks of the closing date.