It seems your browser is a little outdated. Please upgrade to display all features of this and other websites.


TAFE NSW website

TAFE - Print Version

Payment options and assistance

Explore payment methods, pay by instalment, scholarships and VET FEE-HELP loans to help you study now and pay later.

TAFE NSW courses can be government-subsidised or provided on a 'fee-for-service' basis.

A fee applies for most TAFE NSW courses and must be paid when you enrol. The amount you pay depends on the type of course you study, and on your personal circumstances.

TAFE NSW provides a wide range of pay-as-you-go and instalment payment options so that you can get on with your studies and not have to worry about full payment when you enrol. 

Study Now, Pay Later

A large number of our TAFE NSW vocational and higher education courses are eligible for loans and we have a range of options to help you pay for your course. 

You may be eligible to access an interest-free loan under VET FEE-HELP if you are enrolling in select Certificate IV, Diploma, Advanced Diploma or Vocational Graduate Certificate qualifications, or FEE-HELP if you are enrolling in a Higher Education program (Associate or Bachelor degree). Students only need to repay the loan when they reach a defined income level ($54,126 per year in the 2015-2016 income year).

You could also apply for a scholarship or pay in installments. Some courses also have fee exemptions or concessions depending on your eligibility. 

You can find more detailed information on payment options and assistance in this section or contact us for individual help.

Behind in paying your student fee, the concession fee, or other fees and charges?

If you have outstanding fees, please contact your college or campus to discuss and organise alternate arrangements.

If you have outstanding fees or charges, you will not be provided with documents related to your study such as a transcript of your academic record or testamur, and your access to learning materials will be blocked.

TAFE NSW may also refer your outstanding fees for debt recovery action.