Student travel concessions

The NSW Government provides subsidised or concession travel to a range of people. As a TAFE NSW student you may be entitled to concession or free travel on public or private transport (conditions apply).

For further information, talk to a customer service officer at your local campus.

Long distance travel concessions for apprentices and trainees

The Vocational Training Assistance Scheme (VTAS) provides concessions to some apprentices and trainees to attend training.

VTAS may be available to apprentices and trainees who:

  • Live in NSW
  • Travel more than 120 km (round trip) to attend off-the-job training.

Contact an Industry Training Service Centre on 13 28 11 for more information.

OTEN students

Full-time OTEN students studying a secondary school equivalent course may be eligible for a travel concession card.

For more information call 1300 362 346 or visit the OTEN website.

International students

International students are not entitled to travel concessions. International students may access MyMulti discounted tickets. Visit International student travel discount on the Transport for NSW website for more information.