In this course you will learn how to design and prepare artwork for fabric
printing and to design basic fabric prints using Adobe Creative Suite 3
programs for fabrics.
The course will introduce you to designing fabric prints with the use of
Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop software packages.
On completion you will be able to:
- operate both Photoshop and Illustrator at basic level;
- colour-manage digital artwork;
- put fabric and wallpaper designs to repeat;
- colour-separate vector files;
- tonal-colour-separate bitmap files;
- design and print t-shirts using a direct digital garment printer.
To do this course you need to be competent in the use of Microsoft Windows
XP or Vista operating systems.
The course structure below shows what you must do to complete this course.
units/modules are arranged in groups and sometimes also in subgroups.
You must complete each group as specified as well as following the course
completion instructions. If a course contains optional groups there will
statement at the top of the course indicating how many you must do. At the
top of any group containing optional subgroups there will be a statement
saying how many you must do.