QualificationTAFE PLUS StatementCourse number
Duration (nominal hours)6Availability:This course is not currently being offered at any locations, but you can check for related courses and proposed locations on the Find a course page.
The course enables you to develop the skills and knowledge required to
successfully perform bar duties.
You should be able to:
- state the basic legal requirements for the operation of a bar;
- describe the main types of beverage outlets;
- list the range of equipment found in a bar;
- demonstrate the correct care, handling and use of a range of equipment
found in a bar;
- demonstrate the correct procedures in bar set up and closing;
- demonstrate Service techniques for a range of alcoholic and non alcoholic
- demonstrate correct tray service of drinks to tables.
You need to be aware that if you have a criminal record involving violence
or abuse there may be limitations to your career options in areas
involving contact with vulnerable people.
The course structure below shows what you must do to complete this course.
units/modules are arranged in groups and sometimes also in subgroups.
You must complete each group as specified as well as following the course
completion instructions. If a course contains optional groups there will
statement at the top of the course indicating how many you must do. At the
top of any group containing optional subgroups there will be a statement
saying how many you must do.