Seniors Living Co-Location Trial Project
LEARNING FOR THE REAL WORLD
The aged care and retirement living industry sectors in NSW are growing rapidly and the supply of a well-trained, job-ready workforce must keep pace with that growth.
TAFE NSW wants to drive innovation and best practice in education and training to skill the workforce of the future to meet that challenge. To do this we will work with the non-government sector and explore the opportunity to create a unique learning environment for students, staff and residents alike.
INVITATION FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST – CLOSED
TAFE NSW called for expressions of interest (EOI) from organisations in the aged care and retirement living sectors who would like to participate in this Trial Project (responsdents). The EOI response period closed on 19 April 2017. TAFE NSW invited EOI Respondents to select a candidate site or sites from its extensive property portfolio across regional NSW and the Sydney Metropolitan area for the Trial Project.
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS - STAGE COMPLETED
TAFE NSW assessed the EOIs submitted by individual companies and consortia and invited a number of those Respondents to submit a commercial proposal (RFP) for the Trial Project. Proponents were required to submit a proposal to develop a master planned aged care and retirement living setting on a TAFE NSW Campus they have nominated, with express training and job outcomes.
From the twelve exceptional EOI’s received TAFE NSW chose five organisations and consortia to move through to the RFP stage. The shortlisted parties were:
- Stockland & Opal
- RSL Care RDNS & Generation Healthcare REIT
- Royal Freemasons Benevolent Institution
- Lend Lease & Catholic Health Care
TAFE NSW assessed the proposals based on:
- The approach to meet the Project Objectives outlined in the EOI document
- The business plan for the Trial Project
- The partnering arrangement with TAFE NSW to ensure student vocational and employment outcomes, and
- A financial offer
A recommendation will be made to the NSW Government on a Preferred Proponent*
For any enquiries about the Trial Project contact Paul Andersen, Project Director Development JLL on 02 9212 8767 or email Seniors.Living@tafensw.edu.au.
PARTNERING WITH TAFE NSW
On 24 November 2016 the NSW Government announced an Australian-first trial to co-locate seniors living setting (aged care and retirement living facilities) with vocational education and training facilities, bringing on-the-job training to students, a skilled workforce to owners and operators, and care to local communities where TAFE NSW has a presence.
An overview of the process and timing is as follows:
- Announcement by the Deputy Premier – 24 November 2016
- Industry Briefing – 7 December 2016
- Market sounding – December 2016
- Call for expressions of interest (EOI) Closed – 19 April 2017
- Request for commercial proposals from shortlisted EOI Respondents (RFP) Stage Completed - 12 October 2017
- Nomination of Preferred Proponent/s – 4th quarter 2017*
*Subject to the decision of the Minister Administering the Technical And Further Education Commission Act 1990
This industry partnership opportunity is being made available through the market testing approach outlined above and explained at an industry briefing held on 7 December 2016. The briefing was recorded and can be accessed below.