SkillsPoints are the intersection 'point' where Australia's largest education provider - TAFE NSW - and business and industry come together to design courses that will provide Australians with the skills employers need for the jobs of today and the careers of the future.
SkillsPoints will equip Australians with the skills and training needed to respond to the opportunities provided by high-growth and emerging industry sectors as well as existing employer needs.
An Australian first, SkillsPoints will:
- Provide a dedicated industry-specific focus and point of contact for employers.
- Design responsive and consistent training across the state.
- Prepare our students for jobs for the future, using advanced digital courseware such as virtual reality, animation, simulations or augmented reality.
- Provide skills pathways to rewarding jobs.
- Design bespoke commercial courses that can be delivered where, when and how required.
- Be the key point of liaison with both Commonwealth and State industry advisory bodies.
As a relationship centre for industry, SkillsPoints will work in close partnership with industry, business and employers to design training that looks to the future and responds to emerging trends. Whether in a classroom, on-site, online or any combination, SkillsPoints training and resources will be tailored to industry needs and reflect the quality, rigour and expertise that has secured TAFE NSW's reputation as Australia's largest education provider.
There are nine SkillsPoints headquarters planned across NSW, six of them in regional areas:
- Innovative Manufacturing, Robotics and Science in Newcastle
- Agribusiness in Griffith
- Career Pathways, Aboriginal Languages and Employability Skills in Tamworth
- Health, Wellbeing and Community Services in Queanbeyan
- Supply Chain and eCommerce in Dubbo
- Tourism and Experience Services in Coffs Harbour
- Creative and Design Ideation in Parramatta
- Infrastructure, Energy and Construction in Mount Druitt
- Technology and Business Services in Ultimo
The first SkillsPoint HQ — Innovative Manufacturing, Robotics and Science, based in Newcastle — was launched in September 2017.