International Course Info
INTERNATIONAL ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
When you study with TAFE NSW, we want you to succeed. Entry requirements allow us to make sure that you have the right pre-existing knowledgeand skills to achieve your chosen qualification. You will need to provide evidence that you meet the requirements listed in this section.
- Year 10 or equivalent
English Language Requirements:
- Academic IELTS 6.0 or TOEFL (iBT) 60 or equivalent
- Or Completion of a TAFE NSW English for Academic Purposes (EAP)
TAFE NSW makes every effort to ensure your Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) needs are met. The level of support you need may be assessed via a review of your LLN skills with written tasks and a one-on-one interview. If you need to strengthen your LLN skills, an individual training plan will be created with you.
To be prepared for this course, it is recommended that you have:
- Moderate computer skills to work with complex software and spreadsheets
- Good communication
- Skills in mathematics
- An eye for detail
A white card (or general construction induction card) is required for workers who want to carry out construction work in NSW. This is specified by the National Code of Practice for Induction Training for Construction Work (ASCC 2007). You will be eligible to apply for your white card upon completion of the core unit CPCCWHS1001.
Visit the Safework NSW website for more information on applying for your white card.
STARTING DATES, COURSE FEES AND LOCATIONS
From mountains to oceans, from cities to country towns, international students can choose from a range of courses offered at multiple campus locations across the state. Experience our vibrant spaces such as libraries, cafes and gyms as well as places you can network and socialise.
Learn more about TAFE NSW study locations
|Locations||Starting Dates||Course Fees|
|Locations||Starting Dates||Course Fees|
Additional costs for uniforms, equipment, textbooks and materials (if applicable) range from A$300 - $1,000 per course.
COURSE STRUCTURE AND UNITS
To receive this course students must complete all core units and a range of Additional units.
Note: Additional units may vary between each semester and campus, and will depend on a number of considerations including the packaging rules for the qualification and demand for the unit at that location. TAFE NSW does not guarantee that speciality units listed will be offered at each location and semester. You will receive your timetable from the teaching section on commencement and speciality units offered will be provided at that time.
- Packaging Rules To achieve this qualification competency must be demonstrated in 11 units of competency
- 5 core units, 6 elective units.
- Core Units
- CPCCWHS1001 Prepare to work safely in the construction industry
- CPPSIS3011 Produce basic maps
- CPPSIS3015 Collect basic surveying data
- CPPSIS3019 Produce basic plans of surveys
- CPPSIS3020 Perform basic surveying computations
- CPPSIS3016 Provide field support services for surveying and spatial projects
- CPPSIS3018 Transfer loads
- CPPSIS3021 Visually interpret image data
- CPPSIS4022 Store and retrieve spatial data
- CPPSIS4039 Operate surveying equipment
- CPPSIS4039 Design and produce maps
- HLTAID003 Provide first aid
- ICTICT203 Operate application software packages
- RIISTD201D Read and interpret maps
- TLIC2025 Operate four wheel drive vehicle
KEEP LEARNING WITH TAFE NSW
From certificates to diplomas, degrees to study packages, you can take your study further with us.
Build your expertise with a TAFE NSW Surveying study pathway:
- Expand your core capabilities and specialise with a Certificate IV in Surveying
- Advance your existing skills and knowledge with the Diploma of Surveying
Plan your study around your life with a TAFE NSW study package. Our study packages allow for multiple courses to be packaged together that can lead you to a TAFE NSW or an Australian University Bachelor Degree with credits. This gives you a one stop shop by completing your applications for the whole package through TAFE NSW allowing you to apply for one student Visa for the full duration of the package.