International Course Info
INTERNATIONAL ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
When you study with TAFE NSW, we want you to succeed. Entry requirements allow us to make sure that you have the right pre-existing knowledgeand skills to achieve your chosen qualification. You will need to provide evidence that you meet the requirements listed in this section.
- Year 12 or equivalent
English Language Requirements:
- Academic IELTS 5.5 or TOEFL (iBT) 46 or equivalent
- Or Completion of a TAFE NSW English Language Program
TAFE NSW makes every effort to ensure your Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) needs are met. The level of support you need may be assessed via a review of your LLN skills with written tasks and a one-on-one interview. If you need to strengthen your LLN skills, an individual training plan will be created with you.
To be prepared for this course, it is recommended that you have:
- Digital literacy
- A reasonable level of numeracy
- A willingness to explore a range of music styles
- A desire to collaborate
- Some knowledge of audio theory
- Some knowledge of signal path
If you need help preparing for study, contact us about your options.
STARTING DATES, COURSE FEES AND LOCATIONS
From mountains to oceans, from cities to country towns, international students can choose from a range of courses offered at multiple campus locations across the state. Experience our vibrant spaces such as libraries, cafes and gyms as well as places you can network and socialise.
Learn more about TAFE NSW study locations
|Locations||Starting Dates||Course Fees|
|Ultimo||Feb , Jul||A$11,560|
Additional costs for uniforms, equipment, textbooks and materials (if applicable) range from A$300 - $1,000 per course.
COURSE STRUCTURE AND UNITS
To receive this course students must complete all core units and a range of Additional units.
Note: Additional units may vary between each semester and campus, and will depend on a number of considerations including the packaging rules for the qualification and demand for the unit at that location. TAFE NSW does not guarantee that speciality units listed will be offered at each location and semester. You will receive your timetable from the teaching section on commencement and speciality units offered will be provided at that time.
- Packaging Rules Total number of units =16
- 4 core units plus 12 elective units of which
- 9 units must be selected from the elective units listed below with no more than 3 units from Group D
- 3 units may be selected from the remaining listed electives or any currently endorsed training package qualification or accredited course at Certificate IV, Diploma or Advanced Diploma.
- This qualification can provide for specialisations. To achieve these specialisations the following additional packaging rules must be adhered to.
- For specialisation in Performance 6 elective units must be selected from Group A.
- For specialisation in Composition 6 elective units must be selected from Group A and include a minimum of 4 CUAMCP units.
- For specialisation in Sound Production 6 elective units must be selected from Group B.
- For specialisation in Music Business 6 elective units must be selected from Group C.
- Core Units
- BSBCRT501 Originate and develop concepts
- CUACMP501 Manage copyright arrangements
- CUAIND402 Provide freelance services
- CUAPPR505 Establish and maintain safe creative practice
- CUASOU409 Mix recorded music
- CUASOU407 Edit sound
- CUAMCP501 Compose music using electronic media
- CUASOU503 Develop sound designs
- CUAMCP402 Develop techniques for composing music
- CUAMCP502 Compose music for screen
- CUAMCP401 Develop techniques for arranging music
- CUASOU506 Create a final sound balance
- CUASOU504 Produce sound recordings
- CUASOU405 Record sound
- CUAMPF502 Incorporate interactive technology into performance
- CUAMPF402 Develop and maintain stagecraft skills
KEEP LEARNING WITH TAFE NSW
From certificates to diplomas, degrees to study packages, you can take your study further with us.
Build your expertise with a TAFE NSW Music study pathway:
- Master your skills with the Advanced Diploma of Music Industry (Sound Production) focused on Electronic Music Production.
If you already have experience, skills and knowledge that are relevant to your course, you may be able to apply for credit through articulation, credit transfer or recognition of prior learning.
Plan your study around your life with a TAFE NSW study package. Our study packages allow for multiple courses to be packaged together that can lead you to a TAFE NSW or an Australian University Bachelor Degree with credits. This gives you a one stop shop by completing your applications for the whole package through TAFE NSW allowing you to apply for one student Visa for the full duration of the package.