International Course Info
This qualification reflects the role of a technician with a range of telecommunications skills who can:
- install and maintain enterprise network in emerging and converging technologies
- install and maintain optical and wireless equipment for high speed broadband network infrastructure
- install and maintain internet protocol (IP) based network telecommunications equipment
- install IP-based networks in home networks and small and medium enterprises
- install and maintain telecommunications, data cabling and cabling products on customer premises in accordance to requirements of the Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) and relevant industry registration bodies, and in line with the specifications of the access network owner
- install and maintain telecommunications access network cabling and infrastructure, systems and basic customer premises equipment
- assess installation requirements of converging voice, video and data IP networks
- plan and performing installations
- test installed equipment and fault find
This role involves a degree of autonomy and may include limited supervision of others.
Subject area: Telecommunications
|Lidcombe||Total course fee: A$13,470||Enrol: Feb , Jul|
COURSE STRUCTURE AND UNITS
To receive the Certificate IV in Telecommunications Engineering Technology ( Network Engineering) students must complete all core units and, if available, a range of additional units.
Note: Additional units contain compulsory and elective units which may vary between each semester and campus, and will depend on a number of considerations including the packaging rules for the qualification and demand for the unit.CORE UNITS ADDITIONAL UNITS
When you finish this course you may be eligible to undertake Diploma of Telecommunications Engineering (Network Engineering)(ICT51015),a qualification for those seeking to develop more specialised technical skills and knowledge, or a range of other Diploma qualifications.
Course fees and duration can vary based on the Institute you want to study at, the entry requirements for the course, and the year you will begin study.
Additional costs for uniforms, equipment, textbooks and materials (if applicable) range from A$300 - $1,000 per course.
Job roles and titles vary across different sectors of the industry. Possible job titles relevant to this qualification include:
- customer computer system installer
- customer premises equipment installer
- home network installer
- IP-based network installer
- network security equipment installer
- optical network equipment installer
- radio technician
- RFID system installer
- secure IT network installer
- SME network installer
- sustainability network equipment installer
- telecommunications network technician
- wireless LAN installer wireless network equipment installer
TAFE NSW allows for two or more courses to be packaged together, either to meet the prerequisite requirements for a course or to plan your studies around your career goals. You can submit a single TAFE NSW application form and will be able to apply for one Student Visa for the full duration of the package.