International Course Info
This qualification is for people who want to work in a service delivery based organisation, either in direct client work and/or community education or development projects. Learners will develop skills in community development, case management, assessment and referral, advocacy, counselling, and group work psychology and sociology. Workers at this level operate at an advanced skill level and may also have responsibility for the supervision of other staff and volunteers.
Work Placement Requirements
Students will be required to participate in work placement hours up to 180 hours of work placement to ensure students will be provided the opportunity to practice their skills and embed their knowledge in simulated settings which resemble a variety of Community Services facilities. These facilities include; Counselling rooms, drop in centres that hold day programs and living skills programs, refuges and residential services for children and young people, family meeting and family group conference centres and respite care centres.
Subject area: Community Services
- Academic IELTS 5.5 or TOEFL (ibT) 46 or English Language Programs (Beginner to Advanced) at TAFE NSW or equivalent
- While there is no formal academic entry requirement for this course, it is recommended applicants have completed Year 12 or equivalent
- This course will be offered as package of the Certificate IV in Community Services Work ((R18701) and Diploma of Community Services at TAFE NSW in some locations.
- If English is your primary language and you have attended and satisfactorily completed at least four years of primary and secondary education taught and assessed in English in one of the recognised countries, including at least two years between years 7 and 12. (Recognised countries are Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Republic of Ireland, South Africa, United Kingdom, USA)
- OR Completion of three years of secondary, vocational or tertiary education taught and assessed in English in one of the recognised countries above
- OR Achievement of PTE Academic: minimum overall score of 42 and a minimum score of 42 in each of the four communicative skills (listening, reading, writing and speaking)
- OR achievement of a minimum pass at "C" level in each of the four components (reading, writing, listening and speaking)of the Occupational English Test (OET)
- OR Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English scale of 162
|Bankstown||Total course fee: A$12,960||Enrol: Feb , Jul|
|Coffs Harbour Education Campus (CHEC)||Total course fee: A$12,960||Enrol: Jul|
|Hamilton||Total course fee: A$12,960||Enrol: Feb|
|Meadowbank||Total course fee: A$12,960||Enrol: Feb , Jul|
|Nirimba||Total course fee: A$12,960||Enrol: Feb , Jul|
|Ourimbah||Total course fee: A$12,960||Enrol: Feb|
|Bankstown||Total course fee: A$13,350||Enrol: Feb , Jul|
|Coffs Harbour Education Campus (CHEC)||Total course fee: A$13,350||Enrol: Feb , Jul|
|Hamilton||Total course fee: A$13,350||Enrol: Feb|
|Murwillumbah||Total course fee: A$13,350||Enrol: Jul|
|Nirimba||Total course fee: A$13,350||Enrol: Feb , Jul|
|Ourimbah||Total course fee: A$13,350||Enrol: Feb|
|Port Macquarie||Total course fee: A$13,350||Enrol: Feb|
|Ultimo||Total course fee: A$13,350||Enrol: Feb , Jul|
COURSE STRUCTURE AND UNITS
To receive the Diploma of Community Services students must complete all core units and, if available, a range of additional units.
Note: Additional units contain compulsory and elective units which may vary between each semester and campus, and will depend on a number of considerations including the packaging rules for the qualification and demand for the unit.CORE UNITS ADDITIONAL UNITS
When you finish this course you can apply to study Bachelor of Community Welfare or Social Science at university. You may be able to receive exemptions from some subjects based on your Diploma.
Course fees and duration can vary based on the Institute you want to study at, the entry requirements for the course, and the year you will begin study.
Additional costs for uniforms, equipment, textbooks and materials (if applicable) range from A$300 - $1,000 per course.
Occupational titles can include:
- case coordinator
- case worker/manager
- community services worker
- community worker
- family support worker
- group worker
- program coordinator
- social welfare worker
- welfare worker
TAFE NSW allows for two or more courses to be packaged together, either to meet the prerequisite requirements for a course or to plan your studies around your career goals. You can submit a single TAFE NSW application form and will be able to apply for one Student Visa for the full duration of the package.