Course Details - TAFE NSW
International Course Info
The building and construction industry is constantly growing so what better time to explore a career as a builder or building manager.
A Diploma of Building and Construction (Building) will give you the training you need to work on the construction of low to medium rise residential and commercial buildings. You will learn how to supervise construction work, apply structural principles to building work, evaluate tender documentation, hire contractors and produce cost estimations for building and construction projects.
Subject area: Building and Construction
- Ultimo College requires Academic IELTS 6.0 or TOEFL (iBT) 60 or English Language Programs (Beginner to Advanced) at TAFE NSW or equivalent
- Nirimba College does not require completion of the Certificate IV in Building and Construction 19734
|Granville||Total course fee: A$20,740||Enrol: Feb|
|Nirimba||Total course fee: A$20,740||Enrol: Feb , Jul|
|Ultimo||Total course fee: A$20,740||Enrol: Feb , Jul|
|Granville||Total course fee: A$21,360||Enrol: Feb|
|Nirimba||Total course fee: A$21,360||Enrol: Feb , Jul|
|Ultimo||Total course fee: A$21,360||Enrol: Feb , Jul|
COURSE STRUCTURE AND UNITS
To receive the Diploma of Building and Construction (Building) students must complete all core units and, if available, a range of additional units.
Note: Additional units contain compulsory and elective units which may vary between each semester and campus, and will depend on a number of considerations including the packaging rules for the qualification and demand for the unit.CORE UNITS ADDITIONAL UNITS
The Diploma of Building and Construction (Building) (S19735) includes the following units:
- CPCCBC5004A Supervise and apply quality standards to the selection of building and construction materials
- CPCCBC5005A Select and manage building and construction contractors
- CPCCBC5007A Administer the legal obligations of a building and construction contract
- CPCCBC5009A Identify services layout and connection methods in medium rise construction projects
Meets one of the requirements for a Fair Trading NSW Contractor Licence (Building). Please visit Fair Trading NSW website for all of the licence requirement details.
Course fees and duration can vary based on the Institute you want to study at, the entry requirements for the course, and the year you will begin study.
Additional costs for uniforms, equipment, textbooks and materials (if applicable) range from A$300 - $1,000 per course.
Project manager on medium rise building projects
TAFE NSW allows for two or more courses to be packaged together, either to meet the prerequisite requirements for a course or to plan your studies around your career goals. You can submit a single TAFE NSW application form and will be able to apply for one Student Visa for the full duration of the package.