International Course Info
The accredited Diploma of Music Industry (Performance) gives you the practical skills and industry knowledge you need to work as a professional composer, musician or performer in the global music industry.
This TAFE NSW qualification builds on your experience in performance, composition and music production. You will enhance your practice and performance technique, collaborate with other musicians and build lifelong music industry networks.
Develop your expertise in music composition, arrangement and performance, and learn a range of specialised, technical or managerial skills to turn your love of music into a successful career you can take anywhere.
INTERNATIONAL ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
When you study with TAFE NSW, we want you to succeed. Entry requirements allow us to make sure that you have the right pre-existing knowledgeand skills to achieve your chosen qualification. You will need to provide evidence that you meet the requirements listed in this section.
- Certificate III in Music Industry (Performance)
- If applicants have not completed the pre-requisite of the Certificate III in Music Industry (Performance) an audition via phone or Skype is required.
English Language Requirements:
- Academic IELTS 5.5 or TOEFL (iBT) 46 or equivalent
- Or Completion of a TAFE NSW General English Program
TAFE NSW makes every effort to ensure your Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) needs are met. The level of support you require may be assessed via a review of your LLN skills with written tasks and a one-on-one interview. If you need to strengthen your LLN skills, an individual training plan will be created with you.
To be prepared for this course, it is highly recommended that you have:
- An ability to either play an instrument, perform as a vocalist or compose music or songs
- Curiosity to explore a range of music styles
- A willingness to collaborate
- Some knowledge of music theory
- Digital literacy
If you need help preparing for study, contact us about your options.
STARTING DATES, COURSE FEES AND LOCATIONS
From mountains to oceans, from cities to country towns, international students can choose from over 50 campus locations across the state. Experience our vibrant spaces such as libraries, cafes and gyms as well as places you can network, socialise and just chill out.
Learn more about TAFE NSW study locations
|Locations||Starting Dates||Course Fees|
|Ultimo||Feb , Jul||A$11,560|
|Locations||Starting Dates||Course Fees|
Additional costs for uniforms, equipment, textbooks and materials (if applicable) range from A$300 - $1,000 per course.
COURSE STRUCTURE AND UNITS
To receive this course students must complete all core units and, if available, a range of additional units.
Note: Additional units contain compulsory and elective units which may vary between each semester and campus, and will depend on a number of considerations including the packaging rules for the qualification and demand for the unit.
- Packaging Rules Total number of units =16
- 4 core units plus 12 elective units of which
- 9 units must be selected from the elective units listed below with no more than 3 units from Group D
- 3 units may be selected from the remaining listed electives or any currently endorsed training package qualification or accredited course at Certificate IV, Diploma or Advanced Diploma.
- This qualification can provide for specialisations. To achieve these specialisations the following additional packaging rules must be adhered to.
- For specialisation in Performance 6 elective units must be selected from Group A.
- For specialisation in Composition 6 elective units must be selected from Group A and include a minimum of 4 CUAMCP units.
- For specialisation in Sound Production 6 elective units must be selected from Group B.
- For specialisation in Music Business 6 elective units must be selected from Group C.
- Refer to the implementation guide for details about choosing electives to support specialisations.
- Elective units must be relevant to the work environment and the qualification maintain the integrity of the AQF alignment and contribute to a valid vocational outcome.
- Core Units
- BSBCRT501 Originate and develop concepts
- CUACMP501 Manage copyright arrangements
- CUAIND402 Provide freelance services
- CUAPPR505 Establish and maintain safe creative practice
- CUAMCP402 Develop techniques for composing music
- CUAMLT501 Refine aural perception skills
- CUAMPF501 Prepare a program for performance
- CUAMPF503 Perform accompaniment
- CUAMPF504 Perform improvisation for audiences
- CUALED501 Provide instrumental and vocal tuition
- CUAMPF506 Present live audition programs
- CUAMCP401 Develop techniques for arranging music
- CUAMCP501 Compose music using electronic media
- CUAMPF402 Develop and maintain stagecraft skills
- CUAMPF505 Develop technical skills and expand repertoire
KEEP LEARNING WITH TAFE NSW
From certificates to diplomas, degrees to study packages, you can take your study further with us.
Build your expertise with a TAFE NSW music study pathway:
- Master your skills with the Advanced Diploma of Music Industry (Performance)
If you already have experience, skills and knowledge that are relevant to your course, you may be able to apply for credit through articulation, credit transfer or recognition of prior learning. Credits greatly reduce your study workload and the course length.
Plan your study around your life with a TAFE NSW study package. Our study packages allow for multiple courses to be packaged together that can lead you to a TAFE NSW or an Australian University Bachelor Degree with credits. This gives you a one stop shop by completing your applications for the whole package through TAFE NSW allowing you to apply for one student Visa for the full duration of the package.
TAFE NSW allows for two or more courses to be packaged together, either to meet the prerequisite requirements for a course or to plan your studies around your career goals. You can submit a single TAFE NSW application form and will be able to apply for one Student Visa for the full duration of the package.