International Course Info
This qualification provides skills and knowledge for an individual to be effective in the design and development of ICT database systems. The qualification builds on a base core of design and development competencies with elective choices covering business needs analysis, quality assurance and project management.
INTERNATIONAL ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
When you study with TAFE NSW, we want you to succeed. Entry requirements allow us to make sure that you have the right pre-existing knowledgeand skills to achieve your chosen qualification. You will need to provide evidence that you meet the requirements listed in this section.
STARTING DATES, COURSE FEES AND LOCATIONS
From mountains to oceans, from cities to country towns, international students can choose from over 50 campus locations across the state. Experience our vibrant spaces such as libraries, cafes and gyms as well as places you can network, socialise and just chill out.
Learn more about TAFE NSW study locations
|Locations||Starting Dates||Course Fees|
|St George||Feb , Jul||A$10,600|
Additional costs for uniforms, equipment, textbooks and materials (if applicable) range from A$300 - $1,000 per course.
COURSE STRUCTURE AND UNITS
To receive this course students must complete all core units and, if available, a range of additional units.
Note: Additional units contain compulsory and elective units which may vary between each semester and campus, and will depend on a number of considerations including the packaging rules for the qualification and demand for the unit.
- Build using rapid application development
- Contribute to copyright, ethics and privacy in an ICT environment
- Design a database
- Develop detailed component specifications from project specifications
- Integrate sustainability in ICT planning and design projects
- Model data objects
- Model data processes
- Model preferred system solutions
- Use structured query language
- Apply advanced object-oriented language skills
- Apply advanced programming skills in another language
- Build advanced user interface
- Create dynamic web pages
- Debug and monitor applications
- Deploy an application to a production environment
- Establish and maintain client user liaison
- Gather data to identify business requirements
- Identify and manage the implementation of current industry specific technologies
- Implement security for applications
- Integrate database with a website
- Manage ICT project quality
- Match ICT needs with the strategic direction of the enterprise
- Monitor and support data conversion to new ICT system
- Prepare for software development using rapid application development
- Produce a feasibility report
- Produce technical solutions from business specifications
- Review and update disaster recovery and contingency plans
- Review developed software
- Select cloud storage strategies
KEEP LEARNING WITH TAFE NSW
From certificates to diplomas, degrees to study packages, you can take your study further with us.
Plan your study around your life with a TAFE NSW study package. Our study packages allow for multiple courses to be packaged together that can lead you to a TAFE NSW or an Australian University Bachelor Degree with credits. This gives you a one stop shop by completing your applications for the whole package through TAFE NSW allowing you to apply for one student Visa for the full duration of the package.