International Course Info
This qualification is designed to meet the needs of builders and managers of small to medium-sized building businesses.
The builder may also be the appropriately licensed person with responsibility under the relevant building licensing authority in the State or Territory. Builder licensing varies across States and Territories and additional requirements to attainment of this qualification may be required.
The qualification has core unit of competency requirements that cover common skills for the construction industry.The construction industry strongly affirms that training and assessment leading to recognition of skills must be undertaken in a real or very closely simulated workplace environment and this qualification requires all units of competency to be delivered in this context.
Completion of the general induction training program specified by the National Code of Practice for Induction Training for Construction Work (ASCC 2007) is required before entering a construction work site. Achievement of unit CPCCOHS1001A covers this requirement.
Work Placement Requirements:
Students will be required to complete 400 hours of work placement during the course within the industry. Students will be required to complete a logbook for record of the work placement so they can practice their skills and embed the knowledge they have learned during the course.
It is recommended that students seek out industry related work to assist them to complete this work placement requirement to successful complete this course.
Subject area: Building and Construction
Certificate IV Entry Requirement
- Academic IELTS 5.5 or TOEFL (iBT) 46 or English Language Programs (Beginner to Advanced) at TAFE NSW or equivalent
- While there is no formal academic entry requirement for this course, it is recommended applicants have completed year 12 or equivalent.
- Ultimo College requires Year 12 or equivalent and Academic IELTS 6.0 or TOEFL (iBT) 60 or English Language Programs (Beginner to Advanced) at TAFE NSW or equivalent
- Package Entry Requirement
- The entry requirement for a package with Diploma of Building and Construction (Building) S19735 at Ultimo College is:
- Prerequisite: Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Building) (19734)
- Ultimo College requires Academic IELTS 6.0 or TOEFL (iBT) 60 or English Language Programs (Beginner to Advanced) at TAFE NSW or equivalent
- Nirimba College does not require completion of the Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Building) (19734) for entry into the Diploma of Building and Construction (Building) S19735
|Castle Hill||Total course fee: A$14,250||Enrol: Jul|
|Granville||Total course fee: A$14,250||Enrol: Feb|
|Kingscliff||Total course fee: A$14,250||Enrol: Feb , Jul|
|Nirimba||Total course fee: A$14,250||Enrol: Feb , Jul|
|Northern Beaches||Total course fee: A$14,250||Enrol: Feb , Jul|
|Ultimo||Total course fee: A$14,250||Enrol: Feb , Jul|
|Granville||Total course fee: A$14,680||Enrol: Feb|
|Kingscliff||Total course fee: A$14,680||Enrol: Feb|
|Nirimba||Total course fee: A$14,680||Enrol: Feb , Jul|
|Northern Beaches||Total course fee: A$14,680||Enrol: Feb , Jul|
|Ultimo||Total course fee: A$14,680||Enrol: Feb , Jul|
COURSE STRUCTURE AND UNITS
To receive the Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Building) students must complete all core units and, if available, a range of additional units.
Note: Additional units contain compulsory and elective units which may vary between each semester and campus, and will depend on a number of considerations including the packaging rules for the qualification and demand for the unit.CORE UNITS ADDITIONAL UNITS
Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Building) (19734) meets one of the requirements for a Fair Trading NSW Contractor Licence (Building). Please visit Fair Trading NSW website for all of the licence requirement details.
Course fees and duration can vary based on the Institute you want to study at, the entry requirements for the course, and the year you will begin study.
Additional costs for uniforms, equipment, textbooks and materials (if applicable) range from A$300 - $1,000 per course.
This course provides education and training for the building industry at technician level to effectively operate at middle management level in the residential building sector.
Job titles may include:
- Construction manager
TAFE NSW allows for two or more courses to be packaged together, either to meet the prerequisite requirements for a course or to plan your studies around your career goals. You can submit a single TAFE NSW application form and will be able to apply for one Student Visa for the full duration of the package.