International Course Info
INTERNATIONAL ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
When you study with TAFE NSW, we want you to succeed. Entry requirements allow us to make sure that you have the right pre-existing knowledgeand skills to achieve your chosen qualification. You will need to provide evidence that you meet the requirements listed in this section.
- Certificate III in Music Industry (Music Business)
- If applicants have not completed the pre-requisite of the Certificate III in Music Industry (Music Business) an audition via phone or Skype is required.
English Language Requirements:
- Academic IELTS 5.5. or TOEFL (iBT) 46 or equivalent
- Or Completion of a TAFE NSW General English Program
TAFE NSW makes every effort to ensure your Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) needs are met. The level of support you need may be assessed via a review of your LLN skills with written tasks and a one-on-one interview. If you need to strengthen your LLN skills, an individual training plan will be created with you.
STARTING DATES, COURSE FEES AND LOCATIONS
From mountains to oceans, from cities to country towns, international students can choose from a range of courses offered at multiple campus locations across the state. Experience our vibrant spaces such as libraries, cafes and gyms as well as places you can network and socialise.
Learn more about TAFE NSW study locations
|Locations||Starting Dates||Course Fees|
|Locations||Starting Dates||Course Fees|
|Ultimo||Feb , Jul||A$11,560|
Additional costs for uniforms, equipment, textbooks and materials (if applicable) range from A$300 - $1,000 per course.
COURSE STRUCTURE AND UNITS
To receive this course students must complete all core units and a range of Additional units.
Note: Additional units may vary between each semester and campus, and will depend on a number of considerations including the packaging rules for the qualification and demand for the unit at that location. TAFE NSW does not guarantee that speciality units listed will be offered at each location and semester. You will receive your timetable from the teaching section on commencement and speciality units offered will be provided at that time.
- Packaging Rules Total number of units =16
- 4 core units plus 12 elective units of which
- 9 units must be selected from the elective units listed below with no more than 3 units from Group D
- 3 units may be selected from the remaining listed electives or any currently endorsed training package qualification or accredited course at Certificate IV, Diploma or Advanced Diploma.
- This qualification can provide for specialisations. To achieve these specialisations the following additional packaging rules must be adhered to.
- For specialisation in Performance 6 elective units must be selected from Group A.
- For specialisation in Composition 6 elective units must be selected from Group A and include a minimum of 4 CUAMCP units.
- For specialisation in Sound Production 6 elective units must be selected from Group B.
- For specialisation in Music Business 6 elective units must be selected from Group C.
- Core Units
- BSBCRT501 Originate and develop concepts
- CUACMP501 Manage copyright arrangements
- CUAIND402 Provide freelance services
- CUAPPR505 Establish and maintain safe creative practice
- CUAPPM403 Coordinate touring arrangements
- BSBPUB503 Manage fundraising and sponsorship activities
- CUAMGT401 Manage distribution of music and associated products
- CUAMGT402 Administer music publishing income
- CUAMGT403 Manage licensing and assignment of works
- BSBADV510 Create mass electronic media advertisements
- CUAMKG501 Manage the promotion of creative acts
- CUAMGT501 Manage artists and their careers
- CUAMGT502 Develop artists and repertoire
- BSBMKG527 Plan social media engagement
- BSBMKG526 Develop strategies to monitise digital engagement
- CUAPUR501 Establish and manage recording contracts
KEEP LEARNING WITH TAFE NSW
From certificates to diplomas, degrees to study packages, you can take your study further with us.
When you finish this course you can apply for the Advanced Diploma of Music Industry (Performance) CUA60515P.
Plan your study around your life with a TAFE NSW study package. Our study packages allow for multiple courses to be packaged together that can lead you to a TAFE NSW or an Australian University Bachelor Degree with credits. This gives you a one stop shop by completing your applications for the whole package through TAFE NSW allowing you to apply for one student Visa for the full duration of the package.
TAFE NSW allows for two or more courses to be packaged together, either to meet the prerequisite requirements for a course or to plan your studies around your career goals. You can submit a single TAFE NSW application form and will be able to apply for one Student Visa for the full duration of the package.