International Course Info
INTERNATIONAL ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
When you study with TAFE NSW, we want you to succeed. Entry requirements allow us to make sure that you have the right pre-existing knowledgeand skills to achieve your chosen qualification. You will need to provide evidence that you meet the requirements listed in this section.
English Language Requirements:
TAFE NSW makes every effort to ensure your Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) needs are met. The level of support you require may be assessed via a review of your LLN skills with written tasks and a one-on-one interview. If you need to strengthen your LLN skills, an individual training plan will be created with you.
Work experience provides you with exposure to circumstances that cannot be replicated in a simulated environment.
To be successful in this course, at least 40 hours of work experience is recommended.
If gym facilities are available at your TAFE NSW campus, you will be rostered onsite working with real clients. If your campus does not have a gym, TAFE NSW will arrange work experience with an industry partner, local gym or other fitness setting.
Work experience is a learning opportunity, you will not be paid for your work experience hours.
Before You Start Work Experience
Before you attend your first work experience shift, you must:
- Hold a current First Aid and CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation) Certificate
- Hold a valid Australian Working with Children Check (WWCC) as children and young people may be your clients
If you need help arranging your WWCC, speak with your teacher when you begin the course.
Please Note: Working with Children Checks can take several weeks to process. When you apply for your WWCC, be sure to allow enough time before the start of your work experience.
To be prepared for this course, it is recommended that you have:
- Time to set aside for study and assessments outside of scheduled class times
- A good level of fitness
- Access to the internet, a computer or other device
- Fitness-related experience in your current or previous workplace or in previous studies
Recommended Age At Completion
It is recommended that you are at least 18 years old by the time you are expected to complete the course. This recommendation is based on industry and training guidelines. If you are under the recommended age and still want to enrol in this course, talk to your agent or a member of our team.
Fitness Test and Screening
You must participate in an 'Adult Pre-Exercise Screening' at orientation as you need to demonstrate that you have the required level of fitness to complete the course, and that you can complete CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation) on the floor.
You will also need appropriate exercise clothing and shoes, a hand towel, water bottle, hat, sunscreen, sunglasses and a gym bag.
If you require any help preparing for study, contact us about your options.
No occupational licensing, certification or specific legislative requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
STARTING DATES, COURSE FEES AND LOCATIONS
From mountains to oceans, from cities to country towns, international students can choose from a range of courses offered at multiple campus locations across the state. Experience our vibrant spaces such as libraries, cafes and gyms as well as places you can network and socialise.
Learn more about TAFE NSW study locations
|Locations||Starting Dates||Course Fees|
|Randwick||Feb , Jul||A$10,690|
|Locations||Starting Dates||Course Fees|
|Meadowbank||Feb , Jul||A$10,690|
|Northern Beaches||Feb , Jul||A$10,690|
|Randwick||Feb , Jul||A$10,690|
Additional costs for uniforms, equipment, textbooks and materials (if applicable) range from A$300 - $1,000 per course.
COURSE STRUCTURE AND UNITS
To receive this course students must complete all core units and a range of Additional units.
Note: Additional units may vary between each semester and campus, and will depend on a number of considerations including the packaging rules for the qualification and demand for the unit at that location. TAFE NSW does not guarantee that speciality units listed will be offered at each location and semester. You will receive your timetable from the teaching section on commencement and speciality units offered will be provided at that time.
- Packaging Rules:
- This course requires a total of 20 units, 12 core units and 8 elective units to complete the course. The electives selected must include at least 4 units from group A, and the remaining 4 electives may be from group A (business electives) or group B (general electives).
- Core Units
- SISFFIT013 Instruct exercise to young people aged 13 to 17 years
- SISFFIT015 Collaborate with medical and allied health professionals in a fitness context
- SISFFIT016 Provide motivation to positively influence exercise behaviour
- SISFFIT017 Instruct long-term exercise programs
- SISFFIT018 Promote functional movement capacity
- SISFFIT019 Incorporate exercise science principles into fitness programming
- SISFFIT020 Instruct exercise programs for body composition goals
- SISFFIT021 Instruct personal training programs
- SISFFIT023 Instruct group personal training programs
- SISFFIT025 Recognise the dangers of providing nutrition advice to clients
- SISFFIT026 Support healthy eating through the Eat for Health Program
- SISXRES001 Conduct sustainable work practices in open spaces
- BSBSLS408 Present, secure and support sales solutions
- BSBSMB401 Establish legal and risk management requirements of small business
- BSBSMB403 Market the small business
- BSBSMB404 Undertake small business planning
- BSBSMB405 Monitor and manage small business operations
- BSBSMB406 Manage small business finances
- BSBFRA301 Work within a franchise
- BSBFRA402 Establish a franchise
- BSBFRA403 Manage relationship with franchisor
- BSBHRM405 Support the recruitment, selection and induction of staff
- BSBPMG522 Undertake project work
- BSBSMB306 Plan a home based business
- BSBSMB407 Manage a small team
- BSBSUS201 Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices
- CUFIND401A Provide services on a freelance basis
- HLTWHS003 Maintain work health and safety
- ICTICT203 Operate application software packages
- SISCAQU012 Assist participants with a disability during aquatic activities
- SISFFIT011 Instruct approved community fitness programs
- SISFFIT012 Instruct movement programs to children aged 5 to 12 years
- SISFFIT022 Instruct aquatic sessions for specific population groups
- SISFFIT024 Instruct endurance programs
- SISSSTC301A Instruct strength and conditioning techniques
- SISSSTC402A Develop strength and conditioning programs
- SISXCAI005 Conduct individualised long-term training programs
- SISXCCS002 Coordinate client service activities
- SISXCCS003 Address client needs
- SISXDIS001 Facilitate inclusion for people with a disability
- SISXICT001 Select and use technology for sport, fitness and recreation work
- SISXIND005 Coordinate work teams or groups
- SISXIND006 Conduct a sport, fitness or recreation event
KEEP LEARNING WITH TAFE NSW
From certificates to diplomas, degrees to study packages, you can take your study further with us.
Whatever your career ambitions, we will help you get there with a range of courses to develop your skills, build your knowledge and prepare you for work.
TAFE NSW is here to create exceptional learner experiences and provide quality, personalised services to make sure you achieve your goals.
Explore your study options across a range of disciplines and talk to your TAFE NSW Education Agent or contact us.
Plan your study around your life with a TAFE NSW study package. Our study packages allow for multiple courses to be packaged together that can lead you to a TAFE NSW or an Australian University Bachelor Degree with credits. This gives you a one stop shop by completing your applications for the whole package through TAFE NSW allowing you to apply for one student Visa for the full duration of the package.
TAFE NSW allows for two or more courses to be packaged together, either to meet the prerequisite requirements for a course or to plan your studies around your career goals. You can submit a single TAFE NSW application form and will be able to apply for one Student Visa for the full duration of the package.