Course Details - TAFE NSW
International Course Info
This career-orientated higher education program combines both the practical and theory-based aspects of design. The Bachelor of Design (Interior Design) has been developed by experts with extensive interior design experience. It places emphasis on design in the real world.
This three-year professional degree will prepare graduates for employment in the interior design industry in Australia and overseas.
The degree will be delivered at the Design Centre Enmore, one of the best design schools in Australia. Our students and graduates regularly win national and international prizes and are employed at some of Australia's most successful design companies.
You will learn and apply the skills and knowledge required to function as an effective creative design practitioner. You will learn how to:
- generate innovative and original interior design concepts
- identify and explore the spatial, structural and material elements of interior environments
- develop an understanding of the interaction between people and spaces
- develop strong project management and business development skills
- produce creative contemporary designs taking into account historical, socioeconomic, political, and environmental influences
- solve problems creatively, be imaginative, think laterally
- apply colour to interiors, select furniture, choose fixtures
- use 3D graphic software to communicate visually
- use effective leadership skills to manage others
- allocate work and provide support and constructive feedback
- develop business planning and financial management skills
During the final year of study, students will undertake an internship in a professional interior design practice. This internship will account for a single subject in assessment and is a compulsory subject.
In certain agreed circumstances, where students are already working in industry or a suitable internship cannot be found one (previously unselected) elective may be chosen from DSEL201A Design for sustainability, DSEL202A Total experience design, and IDEL203A Lighting interior environments, as an alternative.
The degree has been developed to ensure you develop technical familiarity with all aspects of interior design. There are also 10 core subjects that are fundamental to all aspects of creative design. You will also be able to select electives from other design disciplines.
Each subject equates to 10 credit points. Students require a total of 240 credit points to complete the qualification.
Subject area: Design
- Year 12 or equivalent
- Academic IELTS 6.5 with no band score lower than 6.0 or TOEFL (iBT) 79
- See the TAFE NSW Bachelor courses entry requirements page for all acceptable minimum English Language and Academic requirements.
- Portfolio of 8-12 examples of artworks
|Design Centre Enmore||Total course fee: A$58,800||Enrol: Feb (Full)|
|Design Centre Enmore||Total course fee: A$60,000||Enrol: Feb|
COURSE STRUCTURE AND UNITS
To receive the Bachelor of Design (Interior Design) students must complete all core units and, if available, a range of additional units.
Note: Additional units contain compulsory and elective units which may vary between each semester and campus, and will depend on a number of considerations including the packaging rules for the qualification and demand for the unit.CORE UNITS ADDITIONAL UNITS
Graduates of the Diploma of Interior Design and Decoration (MSF50213) will be entitled to credit in the Bachelor of Design (Interior Design) and will be able to complete the degree in 2 year.
Graduates of the Advanced Diploma of Interior Design (S14105) will be entitled to credit in the Bachelor of Design (Interior Design) and will be able to complete the degree in 1 year.
Course fees and duration can vary based on the Institute you want to study at, the entry requirements for the course, and the year you will begin study.
Additional costs for uniforms, equipment, textbooks and materials (if applicable) range from A$300 - $1,000 per course.
Graduates of this course will have the knowledge and practical skills required to work in a range of interior design professions.
TAFE NSW allows for two or more courses to be packaged together leading to a TAFE NSW Bachelor Degree, either to meet the prerequisite requirements for a course or to plan your studies around your career goals. You can submit a single TAFE NSW application form and will be able to apply for one Student Visa for the full duration of the package.