International Course Info
INTERNATIONAL ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
When you study with TAFE NSW, we want you to succeed. Entry requirements allow us to make sure that you have the right pre-existing knowledgeand skills to achieve your chosen qualification. You will need to provide evidence that you meet the requirements listed in this section.
- Year 10 or equivalent
English Language Requirements:
- Academic IELTS 5.5 or TOEFL (iBT) 46 or equivalent
- Or Completion of a TAFE NSW General English Program
TAFE NSW makes every effort to ensure your Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) needs are met. The level of support you need may be assessed via a review of your LLN skills with written tasks and a one-on-one interview. If you need to strengthen your LLN skills, an individual training plan will be created with you.
To be prepared for this course, it is recommended that you have:
- A passion for being creative
- A desire to enter the film and television, radio, animation, specialist make-up, special effects, web design or gaming industries
- An interest in, or some experience of animation or video
- A drive for capturing a story for screen or TV
If you need help preparing for study, contact us about your options.
As part of your learning you may be required to enter a film or television work site where set and stage construction, dogging and rigging take place.
In Australia, you need a specific licence (this licence is commonly knows as a White Card) to:
- Enter a construction site
- Carry out dogging or rigging work (operate plant machinery, cranes or hoists to move large loads)
STARTING DATES, COURSE FEES AND LOCATIONS
From mountains to oceans, from cities to country towns, international students can choose from a range of courses offered at multiple campus locations across the state. Experience our vibrant spaces such as libraries, cafes and gyms as well as places you can network and socialise.
Learn more about TAFE NSW study locations
|Locations||Starting Dates||Course Fees|
|St Leonards||Feb , Jul||A$12,530|
Additional costs for uniforms, equipment, textbooks and materials (if applicable) range from A$300 - $1,000 per course.
COURSE STRUCTURE AND UNITS
To receive this course students must complete all core units and a range of Additional units.
Note: Additional units may vary between each semester and campus, and will depend on a number of considerations including the packaging rules for the qualification and demand for the unit at that location. TAFE NSW does not guarantee that speciality units listed will be offered at each location and semester. You will receive your timetable from the teaching section on commencement and speciality units offered will be provided at that time.
- Packaging Rules Total number of units =13
- 3 core units plus 10 elective units
- Core Units
- BSBSMB301 Investigate micro business opportunities
- BSBCRT401 Articulate, present and debate ideas
- CUAWHS302 Apply work health and safety practices
- CUADIG301 Prepare video assets
- CUABRD401 Carry out television transmission operations
- CUACAM301 Shoot material for screen productions
- CUACAM401 Shoot a wide range of screen content
- CUACAM402 Shoot screen content in a multi-camera environment
- CUALGT402 Implement lighting designs
- CUAPOS201 Perform basic vision and sound editing
- CUAPPM411 Compile production schedules
- CUAPPM302 Plan and prepare program content
- CUASOU410 Record sound on location
- CUASOU411 Coordinate location sound recording
- CUAWRT302 Write simple stories
KEEP LEARNING WITH TAFE NSW
From certificates to diplomas, degrees to study packages, you can take your study further with us.
Build your expertise with a TAFE NSW Screen and Media study pathway:
- Advance your existing knowledge with the Diploma of Screen and Media
If you already have experience, skills and knowledge that are relevant to your course, you may be able to apply for credit through articulation, credit transfer or recognition of prior learning.
Plan your study around your life with a TAFE NSW study package. Our study packages allow for multiple courses to be packaged together that can lead you to a TAFE NSW or an Australian University Bachelor Degree with credits. This gives you a one stop shop by completing your applications for the whole package through TAFE NSW allowing you to apply for one student Visa for the full duration of the package.
TAFE NSW allows for two or more courses to be packaged together, either to meet the prerequisite requirements for a course or to plan your studies around your career goals. You can submit a single TAFE NSW application form and will be able to apply for one Student Visa for the full duration of the package.