Destination Australia Scholarship
Destination Australia Scholarship
Destination Australia Scholarships are funded by the Commonwealth Government, and are designed to attract and support students who choose to live and study in regional communities.
Each Scholarship provides $15,000 per student per year to meet the costs associated with relocating, living and studying in regional Australia.
For more information visit the Destination Australia website.
Closing date: Semester 2 - 29 May 2020.
To be eligible for a TAFE NSW Destination Australia scholarship, a student must:
- be a new, full-time student commencing in 2020 to TAFE NSW into the identified locations and courses (for the purposes of the Destination Australia Program, a “new student” encompasses all students who commence their studies from 28st January 2020 into the approved TAFE NSW location and identified courses, and includes those students who commenced study at another provider or in another TAFE NSW course and transferred; a student who commences a new course of study, e.g. moved into one of the identified courses; a student that may have studied with TAFE NSW in the past; a student completely new to TAFE NSW); AND
- maintain ongoing residency in a Regional area as defined by the 2016 Australian Statistical Geography Standard Remoteness Structure from the Australian Bureau of Statistics for the duration of each of study period Where a course includes study outside a Regional area (for example, for a clinical placement), residency away from the Regional area is permitted for no more than one study period (not exceeding 6 months) per qualification where the qualification is longer than 2 years, or 25% of the qualification length where the qualification is 2 years or shorter. In cases where the requirements of a compulsory placement exceed the permitted study period away from a Regional area, approval must be sought from the Funding Body; AND
- abide by the study rules where a course includes study outside a Regional area (eg: for a clinical placement) or online; AND
- maintain an appropriate visa for the duration of the scholarship (international students only).
Scholarships - Destination Australia - FAQs - International
Semester 2 Course List - International
|Campus Location||Course||Start Date|
Coffs Harbour Education Campus (CHEC)
Diploma of Hospitality Management (SIT50416)
|20 July 2020|
|Port Macquarie||Diploma of Travel & Tourism Management (SIT50116)||20 July 2020|
|Wollongbar||Certificate IV Commercial Cookery (SIT40516)||20 July 2020|
|Albury||Diploma of Information Technology Networking (ICT50418)||20 July 2020|
|Armidale||Diploma of Agriculture (AHC50116)||20 July 2020|
|Orange||Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care (CHC50113)||12 October 2020|
Download and complete the application form.
Email the application form to DestinationAustralia@tafensw.edu.au by 29 May 2020.
The scholarship is valued at $15,000
- The relevant Head Teacher for each course, or a suitable replacement
- The Director for Student Services and Support in each region, or a suitable Student Services representative
- The Manager for International Business in each region, or another suitable International representative
New students are encouraged to apply, however if successful, you must be enrolled in an eligible TAFE NSW qualification at the time of receiving the Scholarship. If you are not enrolled in an eligible TAFE NSW qualification, you will not be eligible to receive the scholarship.
Successful applicants will know if they have been granted a scholarship within 5 days of the scholarship closing date.
You do not have to commence a course enrolment or visa application before applying. This process can commence after you have been notified of your successful scholarship application, however you will still need to meet the separate course entry and visa requirements. Your scholarship is conditional until these requirements are met.
Scholarship money is paid directly to the student’s Australian bank account in a lump sum of $15,000 (AUD) per year for a maximum of two (2) years.
Scholarship money is paid to the student within two weeks of presenting to the college to complete your enrolment and commence your course. This is one of the final steps in the course enrolment process that must occur face to face. TAFE NSW must be able to confirm you have actively participated in the required studies of your course.
Unless you are changing to another approved Destination Australia Program course, you cannot keep the scholarship money. You will be invoiced by the TAFE Commission to refund any pro rata amount.
An Australian government initiative