TAFE NSW Narrandera student Louise Carroll has been honoured for her
academic achievement and positive work ethic at the prestigious 2019
TAFE NSW Excellence Awards in Albury today.
Ms Carroll, who completed a Certificate II in Business at TAFE NSW
Narrandera in 2018, was announced as the winner of the Technology and
Business Services Student of the Year at the gala awards ceremony at
Albury’s Hovell Tree Inn.
The awards recognise the pinnacle of achievement for TAFE NSW
students across 29 campuses in Southern NSW.
An ecstatic Ms Carroll said the award should act as an inspiration
for anyone who is daunted by the prospect of study.
“It’s great to have that recognition for the work I put in to
complete the course and as a mature-aged student, it can be a big
undertaking,” Ms Carroll said.
“I’d like to thank my TAFE NSW teachers, my family and my friends for
all their support.”
Ms Carroll is now enrolled in a Certificate III in Business and aims
to eventually work in the mental health field.
TAFE NSW Regional General Manager Kerry Penton commended the winners
for setting a benchmark in their chosen areas of study and helping
inspire other students to follow suit.
“These awards recognise our most passionate, industrious and skilful
students, and the fact teachers are the ones who nominate the students
makes it even more special,” Ms Penton said.
“I have no doubt these students will go on to forge highly successful
careers and will be wonderful ambassadors for TAFE NSW.”
Ms Penton said the awards exemplified TAFE NSW’s commitment to
training the workforce leaders of tomorrow.
“TAFE NSW is proud to equip students with practical skills and work
experience so they’re ready to hit the ground running in their chosen field.
“The fact is, TAFE NSW graduates earn higher wages, on average, than
university graduates when they enter the workforce. They also have a
higher employment rate than university graduates, with 82 per cent of
TAFE NSW graduates gaining employment after training.
“TAFE NSW is Australia’s largest education provider and has the
greatest range of courses to support any career.”
2019 TAFE NSW Excellence Awards Honour Roll:
* Student of the Year: Philip Freeland
* Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander Students of the Year: Nicole Smith
* Apprentice of the Year: Renee Jones
* International Student of the Year: Gustavo Martins
* Trainee of the Year: Taylor Piper
* Agribusiness Student of the Year: Gustavo Martins
* Career Pathways, Aboriginal Languages and Employability Skills
Student of the Year: Philip Freeland
* Health, Wellbeing and Community Services Student of the Year:
* Infrastructure, Energy and Construction Student of the Year: Emma Tyrrell
* Innovative Manufacturing, Robotics and Science Student of the
Year: Emma Godsell
* Supply Chain and eCommerce Student of the Year: Luke Baker
* Technology and Business Services Student of the Year: Louise Carroll
* Tourism and Experience Services Student of the Year: Renee Jones
Media contact: Daniel Johns, TAFE NSW Media and Communications
– Business Partner, 6938 1441, mobile 0477 722 428