TAFE NSW is a leading training provider for Telecommunications, Photonics and Information Technology sectors in NSW.
Our capabilities in the Telecom sector
Our Information Technology Training Centres facilitate specialised training, equipped with the latest technology and industry standard tools. Our facilities are equipped with the latest fibre optic transmission systems, fibre splicing and testing equipment, high frequency radio monitoring and measurement equipment and a range of active telecommunication demonstration systems.
Our training programs and qualifications reflect the convergence and integration of new and emerging technologies covering the industry areas including:
- Optical and radio networks
- Mesh networks
- IP networks
- Sustainable networks
- Cloud networks
- Information Technology
- ACMA endorsement and specialist competencies.
We have facilities suitable for providing working at heights and working in pits training. We offer qualifications from Certificate II to Graduate Diploma in Telecommunications. In addition, we offer a wide range of short courses and professional development programs to enhance their managerial skills. We have built strong and successful partnerships and developed training solutions with key industry players including Telstra, Optus, Nokia Systems, Australian Copper Association, OptiComm and Transport for NSW.
Our capabilities in other fields
TAFE NSW is a national leader in developing Learning Frameworks for employability skills such as cultural awareness, team building, communication, negotiation and conflict resolution skills and planning.
TAFE NSW provides services which encompass over 70 industry areas from entry-level training to advanced-level technical and professional training.
We have extensive experience in delivering courses in areas including;
- Civil Construction, High Risk Licensing, Asbestos Awareness, Handling and Removal, WHS General Construction Induction and Traffic Management courses
- Coaching & mentoring, Project Management, and Workplace, Health and Safety
- Warehouse Operations, Fatigue Management, Automotive and Aircraft Maintenance courses
- Community Service and Health including CPR and First aid
- Electrical trades, Disconnect/Reconnect, Test and Tag, networking and industry certifications in Cisco, VMWare, Linux, Microsoft, CompTia, NetApp and many more.