Course Start Date
14 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- This training is subsidised by the NSW Government
- Fully Subsidised Course
The nationally recognised Certificate II in Routine English for Speakers of Other Languages will help you improve your English language skills. With these new skills you can access work opportunities, continue studying and speak English more confidently at work, home and socially.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through theory and practical course work, you will learn to:
- Write basic English
- Speak in informal face-to-face or telephone conversations
- Listen to and understand news stories, instructions and directions
- Read and understand news stories, short stories, and general information
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the personal attributes that will help you get ahead:
- Understand and use basic English grammar
- Build your English vocabulary
- Improve your conversation skills
- Gain confidence using English
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course will provide you with:
- A nationally recognised qualification at Certificate II level
- Level 2 English language skills on the International Second Language Proficiency Rating (ILSPR) scale
- Strong pathways to continued studies at TAFE NSW
- Improved work prospects (where basic English is required by the employer)
- The ability to interact with and participate in the English speaking community
FURTHER YOUR STUDIES
- Certificate III in English for Further Study
- Certificate III in Advanced English for Further Study
- Certificate IV in English for Academic Purposes
The latest Census showed that about 4.5% of people living in NSW self-assessed their level of spoken English as being not well or not at all.
Gaining skills to participate in routine exchanges in English enables greater social participation in Australian society, access to programs and support, and increases employment options by reducing language barriers.
There are no information sessions currently scheduled for this course.
This is an Online course. You will need to complete approximately 7 hours of online study, each week, for your enrolment duration of 1 year.
You can increase the hours of online study per week to complete the course sooner.
You can also expect to complete approximately 7 hours of additional study each week outside of class hours, including private study and assessment preparation.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who:
- are from a non-English speaking background
- want to improve their spoken and written English
Through work, study and life experience, ideally you will have:
- basic digital skills e.g. have access to a computer and the Internet
- basic time management skills e.g. find time to study
- basic organisational skills e.g. managing your study timetable
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Studiosity - online access to a real life tutor
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
An individual training plan will be provided when you enrol in this course. Your plan will outline the recommended study timetable and detail your units and assessments.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process. Payment plans are available through TAFE NSW for Smart and Skilled eligible qualifications.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
FULLY GOVERNMENT SUBSIDISED
This course is fully government-subsidised for eligible students, meaning you will not have to pay any course fees. It is part of a program to help people develop the skills they need to get a job, undertake entry level qualifications or transition to a new job.
If you are not eligible for subsidised training, you can still choose to enrol in the course but will need to pay the full (non-subsidised) fee.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
Enrolling with us is easy, though the exact process does depend on your course and any prerequisites that go with it. Be sure to read all course information carefully to make sure it is the right qualification, location and study type for you. Enrol and pay online via our secure payment gateway to secure your place. As you progress through the enrolment process you will be prompted to provide additional information.
For further information or assistance, call 131 601.
Find out more about Applying and Enrolling
|RELESL201||Develop routine English language speaking competence for everyday purposes|
|RELESL202||Develop routine English language listening competence for everyday purposes|
|RELESL203||Develop routine English language reading competence for everyday purposes|
|RELESL204||Develop routine English language writing competence for everyday purposes|
|RELESL205||Develop routine English grammar skills for everyday usage|
|RELLRN201||Use basic e-learning tools|
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.Apply Now
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure