Course Start Date
24 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- This training is fully government-subsidised under JobTrainer
- Fully Subsidised Course
The nationally recognised Certificate III in English for Further Study will push you one step closer to your goals, as you learn the English skills needed to succeed in a study environment. Be supported as you gain confidence in your English language abilities, in the classroom and at home.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical course work, learn to:
- Talk about study and work-related topics
- Understand presentations and podcasts
- Read newspapers, textbooks, and online texts
- Write reports and essays
- Communicate confidently with peers and teachers
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- Good communication skills
- Enthusiasm for study
- Confidence in English language abilities
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- A qualification at Certificate III level
- Strong pathways to continued studies to enhance your career opportunities
- Enrol in further study and take a step towards your dream career
- Widen your employment opportunities
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your study to the next level with:
- Certificate III in Advanced English for Further Study
- Certificate IV in English for Academic Purposes
- Certificate III or IV qualifications in your chosen area of interest
There are no information sessions currently scheduled for this course
This is an online course. You will need to complete approximately 9 hours of online study, each week, for your enrolment duration of 1 year.
You can increase the hours of online study per week to complete the course sooner.
You can also expect to complete approximately 16 hours of additional study each week outside of online study hours, including private study and assessment preparation.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who:
- are from a non-English speaking background
- want to improve their spoken and written English
Through work, study and life experience, ideally you will have:
- basic digital skills e.g. have access to a computer and the Internet
- basic time management skills e.g. find time to study
- basic organisational skills e.g. managing your study timetable
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
An individual training plan will be provided when you enrol in this course. Your plan will outline the recommended study timetable and detail your units and assessments.
This is a fully government-subsidised JobTrainer course. Eligibility criteria applies.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process. Payment plans are available through TAFE NSW for Smart and Skilled eligible qualifications.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
FULLY GOVERNMENT SUBSIDISED
This course is fully government-subsidised for eligible students, meaning you will not have to pay any course fees. It is part of a program to help people develop the skills they need to get a job, undertake entry level qualifications or transition to a new job.
If you are not eligible for subsidised training, you can still choose to enrol in the course but will need to pay the full (non-subsidised) fee.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
Applying with us is easy, though the exact process does depend on your course and any prerequisites that go with it. Be sure to read all course information carefully to make sure it is the right qualification, location and study type for you. As you progress through the application and enrolment process you will be prompted to provide additional information.
For further information or assistance, call 131 601.
If you are interested in studying as a Trainee please call 131 601 for full details. (only if available as a trainee)
|EFSESL301||Develop English language speaking competence for further study purposes|
|EFSESL302||Develop English language listening competence for further study purposes|
|EFSESL303||Develop English language reading competence for further study purposes|
|EFSESL304||Develop English language writing competence for further study purposes|
|EFSESL307||Use a variety of English pronunciation skills|
|EFSLRN301||Use digital technology to support own language learning|
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.Apply Now
OTEN (Open Training Education Network)
51 Wentworth Rd, Strathfield
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure
21OTE-020 S:01 Jul 2021 E:28 Feb 2022 D:242