Course Start Date
12 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Fully Subsidised Course
The nationally accredited Certificate II of Basic Aboriginal Languages for Social Use will immerse you in Aboriginal culture and give you the skills to communicate in language. Find work as a tutor, cultural advisor or tour guide using the knowledge you learn in this rare and powerful course.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical coursework, learn to:
- Recognise and understand local Aboriginal identity
- Link language to identity
- Develop listening and speaking skills in Aboriginal Language
- Read and write words in Aboriginal Language
- Discuss sensitive issues
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- Collaborate with a variety of people
- Communicate effectively
- Respond in social and cultural settings
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- A nationally recognised qualification at Certificate II level
- Strong pathways to continued studies to enhance your career opportunities
- Cultural tour guide
- Aboriginal education consultant
- Language tutor
- Local Aboriginal land council employee
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your study to the next level with:
- Certificate III in Aboriginal Languages for Community Use
There are no information sessions currently scheduled for this course
This is a part time evening course. You will need to attend approximately 5 hours of class, over 2 days a week, for 20 weeks. As well as the in-class component, you will need to complete approximately 7 hours of other study per week.
You may also be required to complete approximately 18 hours of additional study each week outside of class hours including, research, interviews, group projects and community activities.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who:
- Are of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent.
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
There are additional learning and study tools available for this course, including:
- Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Student Support and Services
- Accessibility and Disability Services
- Personal Counselling
- Vocational Counselling
- Learning Support
- International Student Support
- Multicultural Support
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
The way you learn may change during your enrolment to ensure the best learning experience or to keep you safe as COVID-19 restrictions change, and some of our face to face classes may change to online or virtual classroom learning. Also, to ensure that we keep you safe while studying, we may modify our face to face classes to meet physical distancing requirements and increased cleaning on campus. If work placement and the demonstration of practical skills are requirements of your course, there may be a modification or delay in the planned timeframe due to COVID-19 impacts. Be assured, we'll keep you informed every step of the way.
This course is currently scheduled on Tuesday ans Thursday from 5.30pm to 8.00pm. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
You may be eligible for a concession and/or exemption. This will be confirmed during the enrolment process.
|ABLLNG201||Develop basic listening and speaking skills in an Aboriginal Language|
|ABLLRN201||Produce basic resources for learning an Aboriginal Language|
|ABLLNG202||Develop basic reading and writing skills in an Aboriginal Language|
|ABLCLT201||Develop knowledge of local Aboriginal Identity and its link to Languages|
|VCOCMY201||Examine a limited range of community issues|
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.
70 Widderson Street, Port Macquarie
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure