Course Start Date
27 Jul 2022
3 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Fully Subsidised Course
The nationally accredited Certificate III in Aboriginal Languages for Community Use will take you on a journey of discovery and personal growth. Be part of preserving and rejuvenating Aboriginal languages, as you strengthen Aboriginal culture and identity for current and future generations.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical coursework, learn to:
- Recognise and understand local Aboriginal identity
- Develop advancing listening and speaking skills in Aboriginal language
- Explore the revival and preservation of Aboriginal languages
- Read and write routine Aboriginal language texts
- Use digital technology to support the learning of Aboriginal languages
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- An interest in preserving Aboriginal culture, identity and history
- Excellent communication skills
- Sensitivity to cultural diversity
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- A nationally recognised qualification at Certificate III level
- A deeper understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander culture
- Strengthened Aboriginal languages for future generations
- Strong pathways to continued studies to enhance your career opportunities
- Aboriginal land council or national wildlife officer
- Aboriginal translator or interpreter
- Aboriginal language educator
- Cultural tour guide
- Language tutor
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your study to the next level with:
- Certificate III in Education Support
Discover the skills you need, for the job you want at a TAFE NSW Information Session.
This is a part time, combination course. You must attend approximately 3 hours of class. You may also be required to complete approximately 8 hours of additional study. This additional study could include private study, work placements and research.
The course will run 1 days a week for 17 weeks.
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
The way you learn may change during your enrolment to ensure the best learning experience or to keep you safe as COVID-19 restrictions change, and some of our face to face classes may change to online or virtual classroom learning. Also, to ensure that we keep you safe while studying, we may modify our face to face classes to meet physical distancing requirements and increased cleaning on campus. If work placement and the demonstration of practical skills are requirements of your course, there may be a modification or delay in the planned timeframe due to COVID-19 impacts. Be assured, we'll keep you informed every step of the way.
This course is currently scheduled on wednesday with morning classes. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
You may be eligible for a concession and/or exemption. This will be confirmed during the enrolment process.
Applying with us is easy, though the exact process does depend on your course and any prerequisites that go with it. Be sure to read all course information carefully to make sure it is the right qualification, location and study type for you. As you progress through the application and enrolment process you will be prompted to provide additional information.
For further information or assistance, call 131 601.
|ABLCLT301||Develop knowledge and links to Aboriginal Cultural Identity and Language through local stories|
|ABLCLT302||Explore the revival and preservation of Aboriginal Languages|
|ABLLNG301||Develop routine listening and speaking skills in an Aboriginal Language|
|ABLLNG302||Develop routine reading and writing skills in an Aboriginal Language|
|ABLLRN301||Develop and present a resource in a small group in an Aboriginal Language|
|ABLDIG301||Use digital technology to support the learning of Aboriginal Languages|
|CHCEDS024||Use educational strategies to support Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander education|
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.Apply Now
Dubbo (focused on Wiradjuri)
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure