Course Start Date
15 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- This training is subsidised by the NSW Government
- Fully Subsidised Course
Practice your English speaking, listening, reading and writing with the nationally accredited Certificate I in Spoken and Written English. You will learn how to use basic English in many settings to improve your communication skills.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through your practical course work, you will learn:
- Short simple social conversations
- Short simple spoken transactions
- To read and write simple personal information
- To read and write simple social texts
- To read and write simple transactional texts
- To improve your learning skills
- To use technology to learn English
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop other personal qualities while completing this course:
- Gain more confidence when using English
- Feel comfortable using English in social situations
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course will provide you with:
- A nationally recognised qualification at Certificate I level
GROW YOUR CAREER
This course will improve your English Language skills and may allow you to enrol into Certificate II courses.
If you already have a job, this course can improve how you communicate with your colleagues.
In general, employers in Australia require their workers to have intermediate English language skills. No matter what industry you choose to work in, improved English language skills will help you grow your career.
If you are interested in the Adult Migrant English Program, phone 1800 114 707 to find out if you are eligible or visit tafensw.edu.au/amep to find an AMEP campus near you.
There are no information sessions currently scheduled for this course
This is a full time face to face course. You will need to attend approximately 15 hours of class, over 3 days a week, for 40 weeks.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who:
- who have English as an Additional Language (EAL) including migrants, refugees and other cohorts from non-English speaking backgrounds. Classes may contain mainstream students and also Adult Migrant English Program (AMEP) contract students.
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
There are additional learning and study tools available for this course, including:
- a Friday study centre for this level and 1:1 CSO support is available if needed.
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Studiosity - online access to a real life tutor
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
This course is currently scheduled on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday from 9.00am to 2.30pm. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process. Payment plans are available through TAFE NSW for Smart and Skilled eligible qualifications.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
You will need to provide for yourself the following resources which you will keep when you complete your study:
- two ring folder, pens, pencils and USB. Dictionaries are optional.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
Enrolling with us is easy, though the exact process does depend on your course and any prerequisites that go with it. Be sure to read all course information carefully to make sure it is the right qualification, location and study type for you. Enrol and pay online via our secure payment gateway to secure your place. As you progress through the enrolment process you will be prompted to provide additional information.
For further information or assistance, call 131 601.
Find out more about Applying and Enrolling
|SWEELC001||Listen to and engage in short simple social conversations|
|SWEELT001||Listen to and engage in short simple spoken transactions|
|SWERWI001||Read and write simple personal information|
|SWERWT001||Read and write simple social texts|
|SWERWT002||Read and write simple transactional texts|
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.Enrol Now
Poole Street, Albury
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure