Course Start Date
12 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- This training is subsidised by the NSW Government
- Fully Subsidised Course
The nationally accredited Certificate II in Spoken and Written English will give you the foundation English-language skills you need to communicate with classmates, friends and employers. You will be supported to learn the basics through reading, writing and speaking English in the classroom and at home.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through theory and practical course work, you will learn to:
- Speak to a variety of people
- Read and understand different texts
- Write emails and text messages
- Determine what language to use when job seeking
- Use basic reading and writing in the workplace
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Once you complete this qualification, you will have the skills to:
- Confidently read, write and speak English
- Gain information from service providers
- Meet new people within your community
- Broaden your employment opportunities
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course will provide you with:
- A nationally recognised qualification at Certificate II level
- Strong pathways to continued studies to enhance your career opportunities
GROW YOUR CAREER
This course is a stepping-stone that can lead to further opportunities in:
- Certificate III in Spoken and Written English
- Other foundational courses
Employers in Australia require their workers to be able to read, write and speak to customers and employees confidently. This course will equip you with valuable English-language skills and help you gain meaningful employment.
There are no information sessions currently scheduled for this course.
This is a part-time day blended course. You will need to attend approximately 12 hours of class, over 3 days a week, for 18 weeks.
You may also be required to complete approximately 5 hours of additional study each week outside of class hours, including private study, assignment preparation, and research.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who:
- for learners who have had either formal or informal exposure to English and who have already developed a basic level of English language competence and numeracy skills, but require ongoing English language learning opportunities.
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
There are additional learning and study tools available for this course, including:
- Accessibility and Disability Services
- Personal Counselling
- Vocational Counselling
- Learning Support
- Multicultural Support
Students who are enrolled in this course are able to access the support as listed above. If a teacher identifies additional support then they can use multicultural interagency networks to draw on specific support services.
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
This course is currently scheduled on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 9.00am to 3.30pm. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process. Payment plans are available through TAFE NSW for Smart and Skilled eligible qualifications.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
You will need to provide for yourself the following resources which you will keep when you complete your study:
- students need to bring a 2-ring folder, pens, pencils, notebook and USB. Dictionaries are optional.
FULLY GOVERNMENT SUBSIDISED
This course is fully government-subsidised for eligible students, meaning you will not have to pay any course fees. It is part of a program to help people develop the skills they need to get a job, undertake entry level qualifications or transition to a new job.
If you are not eligible for subsidised training, you can still choose to enrol in the course but will need to pay the full (non-subsidised) fee.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
Enrolling with us is easy, though the exact process does depend on your course and any prerequisites that go with it. Be sure to read all course information carefully to make sure it is the right qualification, location and study type for you. Enrol and pay online via our secure payment gateway to secure your place. As you progress through the enrolment process you will be prompted to provide additional information.
For further information or assistance, call 131 601.
If you are interested in studying as a Trainee please call 131 601 for full details. (only if available as a trainee)
|SWEDCT001||Deliver and comprehend basic procedural spoken texts|
|SWEDSJ001||Develop basic English language skills for job seeking|
|SWEELD001||Engage in and listen to basic spoken dialogues|
|SWERWT003||Read and write basic everyday texts|
|SWERWT004||Read and write basic procedural texts|
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.
Kirkham Street, Moss Vale
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure
21MVL-012 S:13 Jul 2021 E:24 Nov 2021 D:134