Part Time Day
Course Start Date
Hours Per Week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Non Government Subsidised
Develop your English speaking, listening, reading and writing skills with the Certificate III in Spoken and Written English. If English is your second language, this course is for you. You will learn how to use formal and informal English to improve your study and employment options.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through your practical course work, you will learn:
- Formal and informal language skills to help you live and work in Australia
- English skills for emails, text messages and social media
- How to ask for help and information
- How to have conversations with people at your workplace and in your community
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop other personal skills while completing this course:
- Gain more confidence when using English
- Improve your communication skills and open up additional career pathways
- Achieve a sense of ease in social and formal situations
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course will provide you with:
- A nationally recognised qualification at Certificate III level
GROW YOUR CAREER
This course will improve your English Language skills and may allow you to enrol into Certificate IV courses. If you already have a job, this course can improve how you communicate with your colleagues.
In general, employers in Australia require their workers to have intermediate English language skills. No matter what industry you choose to work in, improved English language skills will help you grow your career.
To find out more about this course, meet our teachers and receive information about enrolment and next steps, attend an information session.
Date: Tuesday, 28 January 2020
Time: Anytime from 12.30pm to 2.30pm
Location: Murwillumbah Campus, Main Building, Lower Ground Floor, Room ALG23
This is a part time day, face to face course. You will need to attend approximately 5 hours of class, over 1 day a week, for 40 weeks. As well as the in-class component, you will need to complete approximately 9 hours of other study per week.
You may also be required to complete approximately 17.5 hours of additional study each week outside of class hours, including review and revision of classwork.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who:
- have had either formal or informal exposure to English and who have already developed a basic level of English language competence and numeracy skills, but require ongoing English language learning opportunities.
- are newly arrived migrants and refugees who need to develop routine language skills to participate in a range of community, further training or employment contexts.
- may need to develop routine numeracy skills.
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Studiosity - online access to a real life tutor
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
This course is currently scheduled on Wednesday from 9.30am to 3.00pm. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
You may be eligible for a concession and/or exemption. This will be confirmed during the enrolment process.
FULLY GOVERNMENT SUBSIDISED
This course is fully government-subsidised for eligible students, meaning you will not have to pay any course fees. It is part of a program to help people develop the skills they need to get a job, undertake entry level qualifications or transition to a new job.
If you are not eligible for subsidised training, you can still choose to enrol in the course but will need to pay the full (non-subsidised) fee.
Applying with us is easy, though the exact process does depend on your course and any prerequisites that go with it. Be sure to read all course information carefully to make sure it is the right qualification, location and study type for you. As you progress through the application and enrolment process you will be prompted to provide additional information.
For further information or assistance, call 131 601.
Find out more about Applying and Enrolling
|SWEDSJ002||Apply routine English language skills for job seeking|
|SWELPE001||Comprehend and participate in routine formal spoken exchanges|
|SWELPE002||Comprehend and participate in routine informal spoken exchanges|
|SWERLN001||Read and listen to the news|
|SWERWT009||Read and write routine transactional texts|
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.Apply Now
Murwillumbah Street, Murwillumbah
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure