Course Start Date
20 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- This training is subsidised by the NSW Government
- Fully Subsidised Course
Develop your English speaking, listening, reading and writing skills with the Certificate III in Spoken and Written English.Practise real-life situations such as writing emails or asking for directions. Gain the skills to help you achieve your dreams of future study or work.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical coursework, learn to:
- Use formal and informal language skills to help you live and work in Australia
- Write emails, text messages and social media
- Ask for help and information
- Have conversations with people at your workplace and in your community
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- Gain more confidence when using English
- Improve your communication skills and open up additional career pathways
- Achieve a sense of ease in social and formal situations
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- A nationally recognised qualification at Certificate III level
- Gain the skills for future study or work opportunities
- Good English language skills will help you build a career in the industry of your choice.
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your study to the next level with:
- Certificate II in Spoken and Written English
- Certificate III in English for Further Study
- Certificate IV in English for Academic Purposes
To find out more about this course, meet our teachers and receive information about enrolment and next steps, attend an information session.
Date: 21th - 25th June 2021
Time: 10.00am to 3.00pm
Location: Liverpool Campus, Building C, Ground Level, Room CG4
This is a full-time, blended delivery course. You will need to attend approximately 20 hours of class, over 4 days a week, for 18 weeks. As well as the in-class component, you will need to complete approximately 8 hours of other study per week.
You may also be required to complete approximately 39 hours of additional study each week outside of class hours, including private study, assignment preparation, work experience and research.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who:
- have had either formal or informal exposure to English or who have already developed a basic level of English language competence and numeracy skills, but require ongoing English language learning opportunities.
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
The way you learn may change during your enrolment to ensure the best learning experience or to keep you safe as COVID-19 restrictions change, and some of our face to face classes may change to online or virtual classroom learning. Also, to ensure that we keep you safe while studying, we may modify our face to face classes to meet physical distancing requirements and increased cleaning on campus. If work placement and the demonstration of practical skills are requirements of your course, there may be a modification or delay in the planned timeframe due to COVID-19 impacts. Be assured, we'll keep you informed every step of the way.
This course is currently scheduled on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 9:00am to 2:30pm. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process. Payment plans are available through TAFE NSW for Smart and Skilled eligible qualifications.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
|SWELCP001||Comprehend and conduct routine spoken presentations|
|SWELPE001||Comprehend and participate in routine formal spoken exchanges|
|SWERLN001||Read and listen to the news|
|SWERWT008||Read and write routine social texts|
|SWERWT009||Read and write routine transactional texts|
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.
College Street, Liverpool
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure