Course Start Date
03 Feb 2020
Hours Per Week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Fully Subsidised Course
This Tertiary Preparation Course (TPC) is intended to provide participants with the following general education outcomes:
- Year 12 equivalent qualification
- Tertiary Entrance Score (TES) for those seeking entry to university
- entry to further study at diploma level and above in the Vocational Education and Training sector
- entry to careers requiring a year 12 equivalent qualification, including Australian Defence Force
- research and high level written skills
- critical thinking and academic learning skills
- the ability to engage with and use a range of technologies
- preparation for further study in science, technology, engineering and maths vocational areas.
- Tuesday, 10th December 2019 between 10:30am and 1:30pm
- Tuesday, 28th January 2020 between 10:30am and 1:30pm
This is a face to face, full time course. You will need to attend approximately 16 hours of class, over 5 days a week, for 36 weeks / 1 year. As well as the in-class component, you will need to complete approximately 2.2 hours of other study per week. The weekly hours may vary depending on the electives chosen.
You may also be required to complete approximately 6.1 hours of additional study each week outside of class hours, including review of class work, writing of case studies, completion of practise questions, private study, completion of unfinished class work, research relevant to content and assessment tasks, exam and class test preparation and planning and writing essays and reports.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who:
- Want a Year 12 HSC equivalent, a Tertiary Entrance Score (TES), entry into a diploma level and above in the VET sector or entry into the Australian Defence Force.
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
There are additional learning and study tools available for this course, including:
- Studiosity - online access to a real life tutor
- Library resources
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Studiosity - online access to a real life tutor
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
This course is currently scheduled on Monday to Friday from 9:00am to 3:30pm. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher. Pleas note that weekly hours may also vary depending on the electives chosen.
You may be eligible for a concession and/or exemption. This will be confirmed during the enrolment process.
A fee applies for most TAFE NSW courses and must be paid when you enrol. The amount you pay depends on the type of course you study, and on your personal circumstances. Depending on your personal circumstances, you may be eligible for a fee discount or fee exemption. Please contact 13 79 74 for further information.
Applying with us is easy, though the exact process does depend on your course and any prerequisites that go with it. Be sure to read all course information carefully to make sure it is the right qualification, location and study type for you. As you progress through the application and enrolment process you will be prompted to provide additional information.
For further information or assistance, call 13 79 74.
Find out more about Applying and Enrolling
|ECSDIG401||Develop e-learning skills for academic study|
|TPCEGL001||Produce written and spoken texts for further study purposes|
|TPCEGL002||Apply critical language and research skills for further study purposes|
|ECSCRT402||Examine ethical practices for study|
|ECSLRN403||Participate in academic group research|
|FSKDIG03||Use digital technology for routine workplace tasks|
|FSKLRG14||Manage strategies for career progression|
|TPCEGL003||Critically interpret forms of creative art for further study purposes|
|TPCHMN002||Examine human rights issues, breaches and responses in Australian and international contexts|
|TPCHMN004||Analyse historical concepts and issues in context|
|TPCMTH001||Apply mensuration, algebra and trigonometry skills to solve problems|
|TPCMTH002||Apply advanced algebra and trigonometry, exponentials and logarithms to solve problems|
|TPCSCN001||Investigate biological processes|
|TPCSCN008||Analyse health issues in a global context|
|TPCSTT001||Solve statistical problems using data analysis and probability|
|FSKLRG15||Manage own work-related learning|
|ICTICT308||Use advanced features of computer applications|
|BSBITU309||Produce desktop published documents|
This course may lead to a career in the Australian Defence Forces or employment requiring a Year 12 equivalent qualification.
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.Apply Now
181 Narellan Road, Campbelltown
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure