Course Start Date
22.5 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Fully Subsidised Course
The nationally accredited Certificate IV in Tertiary Preparation will prepare you for Diploma level and university study or entry into the Australian Defence Force. Recognised by educators and employers as an alternative pathway to Year 12, you will develop the technical, social and academic skills needed to perform at the next level of study.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through theory and practical course work, you will learn to:
- Write non-academic and academic texts
- Plan, research, draft and edit assignments
- Present your ideas
- Manage your time in an academic environment
- Apply learning strategies
- Collaborate with peers and professionals
- Critically analyse and evaluate information
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes needed to get ahead in study:
- An analytical mind
- The ability to source relevant information
- The capacity to multi-task
- Work as a team
- Communicate effectively with teachers and peers
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course will provide you with:
- A nationally recognised qualification at a Certificate IV level
- A Tertiary Entrance Score (TES)
- A year 12 equivalent qualification
- Strong pathways to continued studies to enhance your career opportunities
GROW YOUR CAREER
You can continue on your education journey with:
- Admission to university
- Entry to the Australian Defence Force
- Diploma or above qualifications
The Certificate IV in Tertiary Preparation supports students to develop high level academic, social and technological skills that have been identified as essential for emerging careers of the future.
There are no information sessions currently scheduled for this course.
This is a Full Time course. You will need to attend approximately 16 hours of class, over 3 days a week, for 18 weeks. As well as the in-class component, you will need to complete approximately 6.5 hours of other study per week.
You may also be required to complete approximately 6.6 hours of additional study each week outside of class hours, including private study, research, assignment preparation.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who require:
- A year 12 equivalent qualification
- A Tertiary Entrance Score (TES) for those seeking entry to university
- Entry to careers in the Australian Defence Forces with a year 12 qualification
- Entry to careers requiring a year 12 equivalent qualification
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
There are additional learning and study tools available for this course, including:
- Language, Literacy Numeracy (LLN) specialists
- Disability support
- Student Service Officers
- Support from Teaching staff
- Disability and Aboriginal tutorial/learning support
- Disability equipment request support
- Library services
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
To keep you safe while studying, some of our face to face classes may be replaced with online or connected learning. We have also modified our face to face classes to meet physical distancing requirements and increased cleaning on campus. As restrictions ease, the way you attend your class may change again. If work placement and the demonstration of practical skills are requirements of your course, due to the impacts of COVID 19 there may be a delay or modification in being able to undertake these aspects of your course in the planned timeframe. Be assured, we'll keep you informed every step of the way.
This course is currently scheduled on Monday, 9.00am to 2.30pm, Wednesday and Thursday, 9.00am to 3.00pm. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
You may be eligible for a concession and/or exemption. This will be confirmed during the enrolment process."FULLY GOVERNMENT SUBSIDISED
This course is fully government-subsidised for eligible students, meaning you will not have to pay any course fees. It is part of a program to help people develop the skills they need to get a job, undertake entry level qualifications or transition to a new job.
If you are not eligible for subsidised training, you can still choose to enrol in the course but will need to pay the full (non-subsidised) fee.
|TPCEGL002||Apply critical language and research skills for further study purposes|
|ECSDIG401||Develop e-learning skills for academic study|
|TPCEGL001||Produce written and spoken texts for further study purposes|
|TPCSCN005||Analyse biological processes|
|TPCHMN004||Analyse historical concepts and issues in context|
|TPCMTH001||Apply mensuration, algebra and trigonometry skills to solve problems|
|TPCHMN001||Assess contemporary Australian social perspectives|
|FSKLRG15||Manage own work-related learning|
|ECSCRT402||Examine ethical practices for study|
|TPCSCN001||Investigate biological processes|
|TPCMTH003||Solve mathematical problems using monetary and spatial calculations|
This course may lead to a career in the Australian Defence Forces or employment requiring a Year 12 equivalent qualification.
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.
Darwin Street, Cessnock
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure