Course Start Date
23.6 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Fully Subsidised Course
The nationally accredited Certificate IV in Tertiary Preparation will prepare you for Diploma level and university study or entry into the Australian Defence Force. Recognised by educators and employers as an alternative pathway to Year 12, you will develop the technical, social and academic skills needed to perform at the next level of study.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through theory and practical course work, you will learn to:
- Write non-academic and academic texts
- Plan, research, draft and edit assignments
- Present your ideas
- Manage your time in an academic environment
- Apply learning strategies
- Collaborate with peers and professionals
- Critically analyse and evaluate information
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes needed to get ahead in study:
- An analytical mind
- The ability to source relevant information
- The capacity to multi-task
- Work as a team
- Communicate effectively with teachers and peers
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course will provide you with:
- A nationally recognised qualification at a Certificate IV level
- A Tertiary Entrance Score (TES)
- A year 12 equivalent qualification
- Strong pathways to continued studies to enhance your career opportunities
GROW YOUR CAREER
You can continue on your education journey with:
- Admission to university
- Entry to the Australian Defence Force
- Diploma or above qualifications
The Certificate IV in Tertiary Preparation supports students to develop high level academic, social and technological skills that have been identified as essential for emerging careers of the future.
There are no information sessions currently scheduled for this course
This is a full time course. You will need to attend approximately 19.3 hours of class, over 4 days a week, for 16 weeks. As well as the in-class component, you will need to complete approximately 4.4 hours of other study per week.
You may also be required to complete approximately 8 hours of additional study each week outside of class hours, including private study, research, assignment preparation and revision.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who:
- Who want a NSW Year 12 equivalent.
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
There are additional learning and study tools available for this course, including:
- Tutorial support will help you in your studies.
- If you have a disability you will also have access to specific support services.
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
To keep you safe while studying, some of our face to face classes may be replaced with online or connected learning. We have also modified our face to face classes to meet physical distancing requirements and increased cleaning on campus. As restrictions ease, the way you attend your class may change again. If work placement and the demonstration of practical skills are requirements of your course, due to the impacts of COVID 19 there may be a delay or modification in being able to undertake these aspects of your course in the planned timeframe. Be assured, we'll keep you informed every step of the way.
This course is currently scheduled on Monday to Thursday from 9.00am to 2.30pm. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
You may be eligible for a concession and/or exemption. This will be confirmed during the enrolment process.
|TPCEGL002||Apply critical language and research skills for further study purposes|
|ECSDIG401||Develop e-learning skills for academic study|
|TPCEGL001||Produce written and spoken texts for further study purposes|
|TPCMTH001||Apply mensuration, algebra and trigonometry skills to solve problems|
|TPCHMN001||Assess contemporary Australian social perspectives|
|TPCMTH002||Apply advanced algebra and trigonometry, exponentials and logarithms to solve problems|
|TPCSCN001||Investigate biological processes|
|TPCSCN003||Investigate physics concepts|
|TPCHMN004||Analyse historical concepts and issues in context|
|TPCMTH004||Solve applied mathematical problems using calculus techniques|
|TPCSCN005||Analyse biological processes|
|TPCMTH003||Solve mathematical problems using monetary and spatial calculations|
|FSKDIG03||Use digital technology for routine workplace tasks|
|FSKLRG14||Manage strategies for career progression|
This course may lead to a career in the Australian Defence Forces or employment requiring a Year 12 equivalent qualification.
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.
266 Maitland Road, Tighes Hill
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure