Part Time Day
Course Start Date
03 Feb 2020
Hours Per Week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- This training is subsidised by the NSW Government
This course is intended to provide participants with the following general education outcomes:
- English language proficiency that may be described as Level 3+ on the ISLPR scale
- English language proficiency to undertake qualifications requiring proficiency of ISLPR 3+ on entry, which provides a pathway to higher education
- Proof of proficiency in English to be considered for a place in an Australian university
You must book in to an information session to make sure you enrol in the best course for you. At the information session you will talk to a teacher and have an English language assessment. Sessions are available:
Date: Friday, 15 November OR 22 November OR 29 November OR 06 December, 10 Dec 2019 or 22nd January 2020.
Location: Building H Level 2, Meadowbank TAFE, See Street, Meadowbank.
Please make an appointment by emailing email@example.com
This is a Part time day, face to face course. You will need to attend approximately 10 hours of class, over 2 days a week, for 36 weeks. As well as the in-class component, you will need to complete approximately 1 hours of other study per week.
You may also be required to complete approximately 7.5 hours of additional study each week outside of class hours, including private study, assignment preparation, research, applying skills in place of work, communication socially or in the workplace and all activites which reinforce the English learnt in supervised activities.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who:
- Are educated migrants who want to enter into higher education. Like any learner, their intentions will vary; some will be retraining having already completed a bachelor or master?s degree in their own country; some will have commenced study in Australia and be undertaking this course to enter higher education for the first time. All learners will be undertaking this course to progress to further study.
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
There are additional learning and study tools available for this course, including:
- ESOL Drop-in Sessions, Studiosity, Library Resources
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Studiosity - online access to a real life tutor
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
This course is currently scheduled on 2 days, 2 Groups Monday / Tuesday or Wednesday / Friday, from 9.30am to 3.00pm. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process. Payment plans are available through TAFE NSW for Smart and Skilled eligible qualifications.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW RecognitionIncidental Cost
- Student Association - $20.00
Applying with us is easy, though the exact process does depend on your course and any prerequisites that go with it. Be sure to read all course information carefully to make sure it is the right qualification, location and study type for you. As you progress through the application and enrolment process you will be prompted to provide additional information.
For further information or assistance, call 131 601.
Find out more about Applying and Enrolling
|EAPSPK001||Use English language speaking skills in an academic educational context|
|ECSDIG401||Develop e-learning skills for academic study|
|EAPLIS001||Use English language listening skills in an academic educational context|
|EAPRDG001||Use English language reading skills in an academic educational context|
|EAPWRT001||Use English language writing skills in an academic educational context|
|EAPRCH001||Research information and maintain integrity in academic contexts|
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.Apply Now
See Street, Meadowbank
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure