Course Start Date
21.7 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- This training is subsidised by the NSW Government
Build on your English skills with the nationally accredited Certificate IV in English for Academic Purposes course. Theres no limit to what you can achieve academically with this course as it will give you the skills and knowledge to study at the higher education level in English.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through theory and practical course work, you will learn how to:
- Research and write academics texts
- Deliver academic presentations
- Use technology to learn
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop skills that will help you get ahead in this field:
- Improve your written and verbal skills
- Learn to work in teams
- Gain the confidence to speak publicly
- Build confidence to help you achieve further study
- Critical thinking
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course will provide you with:
- A nationally recognised qualification at Certificate IV level
- Pathway to study at the higher education level
- Pathway to Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) level 5 and above
GROW YOUR CAREER
This is a specialised Advance English Language course that will help you study at the higher education level.
There are no information sessions currently scheduled for this course
For any enquiries please email email@example.com or call 02 9942 0981.
This is a full time, class based course. You will need to attend approximately 20 hours of class, over 4 days a week, for 18 weeks. As well as the in-class component, you will need to complete approximately 1.7 hours of other study per week.
You may also be required to complete approximately 15 hours of additional study each week outside of class hours, including private study, assignment preparation, research, applying skills in place of work, communication socially or in the workplace and all activities which reinforce the English learnt in supervised activities.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who:
- Are educated migrants who want to enter into higher education. Like any learner, their intentions will vary; some will be retraining having already completed a bachelor or master?s degree in their own country; some will have commenced study in Australia and be undertaking this course to enter higher education for the first time. All learners will be undertaking this course to progress to further study.
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Studiosity - online access to a real life tutor
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
To keep you safe while studying, some of our face to face classes may be replaced with online or connected learning. We have also modified our face to face classes to meet physical distancing requirements and increased cleaning on campus. As restrictions ease, the way you attend your class may change again. If work placement and the demonstration of practical skills are requirements of your course, due to the impacts of COVID 19 there may be a delay or modification in being able to undertake these aspects of your course in the planned timeframe. Be assured, we'll keep you informed every step of the way.
This course is currently scheduled on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday, from 9 am to 2.30 pm. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process. Payment plans are available through TAFE NSW for Smart and Skilled eligible qualifications.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW RecognitionIncidental Cost
- Student Association - $20.00
Enquire now for Semester 2 2020 and be notified when enrolments open.
TAFE NSW is open for business so to find out more information on this course including when it will start and how it will be delivered (face-to-face, in a virtual classroom, self-paced, online or a mixture), submit an online enquiry by clicking the Enquire Now button on this page. You can also call 131 601 during business hours* to chat with a member of our friendly customer service team.
* Our customer service team are available from Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm AEST.
|ECSDIG401||Develop e-learning skills for academic study|
|EAPRCH001||Research information and maintain integrity in academic contexts|
|EAPWRT001||Use English language writing skills in an academic educational context|
|EAPSPK001||Use English language speaking skills in an academic educational context|
|EAPRDG001||Use English language reading skills in an academic educational context|
|EAPLIS001||Use English language listening skills in an academic educational context|
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.
213 Pacific Highway, St Leonards
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure