Course Start Date
13 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- This training is subsidised by the NSW Government
Advance your academic English with the nationally accredited Certificate IV in English for Academic Purposes. Learn how to think critically, use technology for e-learning and work in a team with other students. Get the essential skills to succeed at university and achieve your goal of completing a diploma or degree.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical coursework, learn to:
- Research and write academic texts
- Deliver academic presentations
- Use technology to learn
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- Improve your written and verbal skills
- Collaboration and team work
- confidence to speak publicly and help you achieve further study
- Critical thinking
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- A nationally recognised qualification at Certificate IV level
- Pathway to study at the higher education level
When you complete Certificate IV in English for Academic Purposes you can continue into:
- A degree
- A diploma
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your study to the next level with:
- A TAFE NSW degree
Discover the skills you need for the job you want at the TAFE NSW Information Sessions, 21-25 June 2021.
There are no information sessions currently scheduled for this course.
This is a online course. You will need to complete approximately 8 hours of online study, each week, for your enrolment duration of 50 weeks.
You can increase the hours of online study per week to complete the course sooner.
You may also be required to complete approximately 5 hours of additional study each week outside of online study hours, including private study and assessments.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who:
- want to improve their academic English skills for study at a tertiary institution or university
- want to prepare themselves to both participate in academic study and to understand the demands, expectations and culture of academic life in Australia
- want to pursue higher education in English
- have education, training and employment goals
- want to understand the demands, expectations and culture of academic life in Australia
Through work, study and life experience, ideally you will have:
- good digital skills e.g. can use a computer and have access to the Internet
- good time management skills e.g. find time to study
- good organisational skills to take responsibility for following the timetable and managing your study schedule
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
An individual training plan will be provided when you enrol in this course. Your plan will outline the recommended study timetable and detail your units and assessments.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process. Payment plans are available through TAFE NSW for Smart and Skilled eligible qualifications.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
You may continue with an enrolment into this course if you are not eligible for subsidised training, however the full training fee will be applicable. There are conditions to enrolment if you are a Temporary Visa Holder. To discuss your visa status and eligibility to enrol please phone 131 601.
For further information on fees and charges please see https://www.tafensw.edu.au/get-started-at-tafe-nsw/fees-information
Please ensure you also read and understand the associated fee policies and conditions related to withdrawal from a course, applying for a refund of fees, applying for a deferral to your studies and if you are behind in payment of instalments.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
Applying with us is easy, though the exact process does depend on your course and any prerequisites that go with it. Be sure to read all course information carefully to make sure it is the right qualification, location and study type for you. As you progress through the application and enrolment process you will be prompted to provide additional information.
For further information or assistance, call 131 601.
If you are interested in studying as a Trainee please call 131 601 for full details. (only if available as a trainee)
|EAPLIS001||Use English language listening skills in an academic educational context|
|EAPRCH001||Research information and maintain integrity in academic contexts|
|EAPRDG001||Use English language reading skills in an academic educational context|
|EAPSPK001||Use English language speaking skills in an academic educational context|
|EAPWRT001||Use English language writing skills in an academic educational context|
|ECSDIG401||Develop e-learning skills for academic study|
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.Apply Now
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure
21OTE-002 S:01 Jul 2021 E:30 Jun 2022 D:364