Part Time Day
Course Start Date
20 Mar 2021
6 Hours per week
- Non Government Subsidised
This animal care workshop is conducted by Steve Austin and is suitable for anyone who may be required to interact with dogs during the execution of their working duties or hobbies, as well as for metre readers, veterinary staff, kennel staff, rangers, police officers, ambulance officers, dog trainers and handlers. You will learn to identify the body language of an aggressive dog and the appropriate response to minimise and avoid serious injury. Appropriate personal protection equipment will be supplied. You will gain first-hand experience and compare various techniques using this equipment. You will have the opportunity to experience a trained dog bite wearing a protective bite sleeve. OHS issues are identified and explored in keeping with industry standards.
To register for an information session, head to tafensw.edu.au/infofest. Students who cannot attend the Information Session please make an online enquiry or contact us on 131 601 for more information about the course!
There are no information sessions currently scheduled for this course.
This is a Part Time Day Face to Face course. You will need to attend approximately 6 hours of class, over 1 day.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who:
- The workshop targets individuals who need to interact with dogs during the execution of their work duties, including: postal workers, meter readers, veterinary staff, kennel hands, rangers, police officers, ambulance officers, dog trainers and handlers. This full day course provides participants with instruction and hands on learning to identify the language of canine aggression and the appropriate responses to avoid or minimise injuries. Participants may experience the use of personal protection equipment and be offered an opportunity to experience a dog bite from a trained dog on a protective sleeve. Please wear enclosed shoes and have clothing that covers your arms.
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
To keep you safe while studying, some of our face to face classes may be replaced with online or connected learning. We have also modified our face to face classes to meet physical distancing requirements and increased cleaning on campus. As restrictions ease, the way you attend your class may change again. If work placement and the demonstration of practical skills are requirements of your course, due to the impacts of COVID-19 there may be a delay or modification in being able to undertake these aspects of your course in the planned timeframe. Be assured, we'll keep you informed every step of the way.
This course is currently scheduled on Saturday 10:00am to 4:30pm.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
Enrolling with us is easy, though the exact process does depend on your course and any prerequisites that go with it. Be sure to read all course information carefully to make sure it is the right qualification, location and study type for you. Enrol and pay online via our secure payment gateway to secure your place. As you progress through the enrolment process you will be prompted to provide additional information.
For further information or assistance, call 131 601.
Find out more about Applying and Enrolling
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.Enrol Now
Ultimo, Main Campus
651-731 Harris Street, Ultimo
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure