Course Start Date
6 Hours per week
- Non Government Subsidised
The TAFE Statement in NSW Liquor Licensee Course (Advanced) is a mandatory training course for licensees who manage a liquor licence identified in the high- risk category. There is a focus on liquor laws and legislation, embedding a culture of compliance and developing your leadership skills.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through theoretical course work and class discussion, you will dive deeper into:
- Liquor laws and legislation relevant to high risk environments
- How to initiate and lead a culture of compliance
- NSW Government and industry approaches to minimising alcohol related harms
- Harm minimisation strategies to implement in your business
- Risk management and implementing strategies to control risk elements
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Through this course you will build on your:
- Leadership qualities
- Strategic and operational planning abilities
- Collaboration and consultation skills
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing the course will equip you with:
- The Advanced Licensee endorsement on your competency card
- In depth understanding of the law and how it relates to your business
- Skills to lead a culture of compliance
GROW YOUR CAREER
TAFE NSW has many pathways to help grow your leadership career in the liquor industry, including:
- Diploma of Hospitality Management
- Advanced Diploma of Hospitality Management
The hospitality industry has been steadily growing over the past five years at around 1.9%. This growth can be attributed to the burgeoning foodie culture, population growth and an increase in consumer demand. Employment in the industry is set to increase by 12.1% in the next five years, which means an additional 91,000 jobs.
There are no information sessions currently scheduled for this course.
This is an online course. You will need to complete approximately 6 hours of online study, each week, for the recommended study period.
You can increase the hours of online study per week to complete the course sooner.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who:
- have completed the Liquor & Gaming NSW Liquor Licensee Course
The Advanced Licensee course is additional training for owners, managers or supervisors who require a NSW Liquor License for a venue deemed by Liquor & Gaming NSW to be higher risk.
Typically, this involves pubs, bars, clubs, hotels, nightclubs and other venues that serve liquor regularly after midnight.
Please check the Liquor and Gaming website for further information. Warning: Some content in this course may be offensive to some people.
The course is mandatory for:
- Licensees and approved managers applying for a new liquor licence or transfer of an existing licence to another person or premises from 1 September 2018
- existing Licensees and approved managers from 1 April 2019, aligned to the renewal of your existing NSW competency card
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
Your enrolment is for 6 months: study in your own time at your own pace. An individual training plan will be provided when you enrol in this course. The plan will outline the recommended study timetable and detail the units and assessments.
This training is not subsidised by Government funding. There are no fee exemptions, concessions or subsidies available for this course.
Payment of course fee must be made PRIOR to commencement of learning activity.
The price for this course includes the $40 L&G NSW Competency Card
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
Applying with us is easy, though the exact process does depend on your course and any prerequisites that go with it. Be sure to read all course information carefully to make sure it is the right qualification, location and study type for you. As you progress through the application and enrolment process you will be prompted to provide additional information.
For further information or assistance, call 131 601.
Find out more about Applying and Enrolling
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.Apply Now
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure
20OTE-021 S:01 Jul 2020 E:30 Jun 2021 D:364