Course Start Date
07 Dec 2020
6 Hours per week
- Non Government Subsidised
The TAFE Statement in NSW Liquor Licensee Course (Advanced) is a mandatory training course for licensees who manage a liquor licence identified in the high- risk category. There is a focus on liquor laws and legislation, embedding a culture of compliance and developing your leadership skills.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through theoretical course work and class discussion, you will dive deeper into:
- Liquor laws and legislation relevant to high risk environments
- How to initiate and lead a culture of compliance
- NSW Government and industry approaches to minimising alcohol related harms
- Harm minimisation strategies to implement in your business
- Risk management and implementing strategies to control risk elements
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Through this course you will build on your:
- Leadership qualities
- Strategic and operational planning abilities
- Collaboration and consultation skills
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing the course will equip you with:
- The Advanced Licensee endorsement on your competency card
- In depth understanding of the law and how it relates to your business
- Skills to lead a culture of compliance
GROW YOUR CAREER
TAFE NSW has many pathways to help grow your leadership career in the liquor industry, including:
- Diploma of Hospitality Management
- Advanced Diploma of Hospitality Management
The hospitality industry has been steadily growing over the past five years at around 1.9%. This growth can be attributed to the burgeoning foodie culture, population growth and an increase in consumer demand. Employment in the industry is set to increase by 12.1% in the next five years, which means an additional 91,000 jobs.
There are no information sessions currently scheduled for this course
This is a full time, face to face course. You will need to attend approximately B hours of class, over G days a week, for I weeks/ X months/ X years. As well as the in-class component, you will need to complete approximately C hours of other study per week.
There is 6 hours of tuition and additional time for breaks including lunch. Please be on time for your class as there are very strict lock out rules set by Liquor and Gaming if you are late. You will complete all of the training and assessment in one day.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who:
- the Advanced Licensee course is additional training for owners, managers or supervisors who require a NSW liquor licence for a venue deemed by Liquor & Gaming NSW to be higher risk. Typically, this involves pubs, bars, clubs, hotels, nightclubs and other venues that serve liquor regularly after midnight. Please check the Liquor & Gaming NSW website for further information
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
There are additional learning and study tools available for this course, including:
- Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Student Support and Services
- Accessibility and Disability Services
- Personal Counselling
- Vocational Counselling
- Learning Support
- Multicultural Support
Detailed current information on these Support Services are made available to staff and students at TAFE NSW Student Services. Additionally, every student is supported by a dedicated Student Services team at each campus location.
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
To keep you safe while studying, some of our face to face classes may be replaced with online or connected learning. We have also modified our face to face classes to meet physical distancing requirements and increased cleaning on campus. As restrictions ease, the way you attend your class may change again. If work placement and the demonstration of practical skills are requirements of your course, due to the impacts of COVID 19 there may be a delay or modification in being able to undertake these aspects of your course in the planned timeframe. Be assured, we'll keep you informed every step of the way.
This course is currently scheduled on Monday from 8:45am to 4:00pm.
This training is not subsidised by Government funding. There are no fee exemptions, concessions or subsidies available for this course.
Payment of course fee must be made PRIOR to commencement of learning activity.
You will need to provide the following resources which is retained on completion of study:
For payment options and further information please call 131 601.
This is a fee-for-service course. There are no subsidies, concessions, exemptions or scholarships available. Payment by instalment is available.
Please ensure you also read and understand the associated fee policies and conditions related to withdrawal from a course, applying for a refund of fees and if you are behind in payment of instalments.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
Enrolling with us is easy, though the exact process does depend on your course and any prerequisites that go with it. Be sure to read all course information carefully to make sure it is the right qualification, location and study type for you. Enrol and pay online via our secure payment gateway to secure your place. As you progress through the enrolment process you will be prompted to provide additional information.
For further information or assistance, call 131 601.
Find out more about Applying and Enrolling
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.Enrol Now
Ultimo, Main Campus
651-731 Harris Street, Ultimo
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure