Course Start Date
3 Hours per week
- Non Government Subsidised
This course trains students to:
- supervise the systems through which materials are typically selected, acquired and stored on site for projects described by the Building Code of Australia (BCA) as low rise building or construction work (low rise' licensing classification with reference to Class 1 and 10 construction and Class 2 to 9 with a gross floor area not exceeding 2000 square metres, not including Type A or Type B construction).
- conduct a WHS risk analysis, including the inspection of workplaces for hazards and implementation of control measures.
There are no information sessions currently scheduled for this course.
This is an online course. You will need to complete approximately 2 hours of online study, each week, for your enrolment duration of 6 months.
You can increase the hours of online study per week to complete the course sooner.
You can also expect to complete approximately 1 hour of additional study each week outside of online study hours, including private study, research and assignment preparation.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who:
- are in the building industry or are new to the industry who are seeking to:
- get an understanding of studying online
- acquire skills in selecting and storing building materials, and applying WHS to the building sector
- upskill and/or improve their existing skills and knowledge
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
There are additional learning and study tools available for this course, including:
- access to industry trained and qualified teacher and administration support by phone and email during business hours.
- additional support materials are available on the Online Learning System to assist students with the completion of their studies
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
An individual training plan will be provided when you enrol in this course. Your plan will outline the recommended study timetable and detail your units and assessments.
This training is not subsidised by Government funding. There are no fee exemptions, concessions or subsidies available for this course.
Payment of course fee must be made PRIOR to commencement of learning activity.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
Enrolling with us is easy, though the exact process does depend on your course and any prerequisites that go with it. Be sure to read all course information carefully to make sure it is the right qualification, location and study type for you. Enrol and pay online via our secure payment gateway to secure your place. As you progress through the enrolment process you will be prompted to provide additional information.
For further information or assistance, call 131 601.
Find out more about Applying and Enrolling
|CPCCBC4002A||Manage occupational health and safety in the building and construction workplace|
|CPCCBC4006B||Select, procure and store construction materials for low rise projects|
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.Enrol Now
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure
20OTE-022 S:04 Sep 2020 E:31 Dec 2020 D:118