Course Start Date
22 Feb 2020
Hours Per Week
- Non Government Subsidised
This unit of competency provides the skills and knowledge required to provide a first aid response to infants, children and adults. Aimed at educators and support staff working within an education and care setting who are required to respond to a first aid emergency, including asthmatic and anaphylactic emergencies, this unit of competency may contribute towards approved first aid, asthma and anaphylaxis training under the Education and Care Services National Law, and the Education and Care Services National Regulations (2011).
Specific licensing requirements, including requirements for refresher training, should be obtained from the Australian Childrens Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA) and/or relevant state/territory Work Health and Safety Regulatory Authority.
There are no information sessions currently scheduled for this course
This is a full time, face to face course. You will need to attend approximately 12 hours of class, over 2 days a week, for 1 week.
You may also be required to complete approximately 6 hours of additional study each week outside of class hours, including reading TAFE NSW First Aid text book and completing self assessments prior to attending.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who:
- This unit of competency is the nationally recognised standard for industries that require workers to hold a first aid certification or to be recognised in the role of a First Aid Officer in an education and care setting, and who may be required to provide a first aid response in a range of situations, including community and workplace settings.
- Students may be existing workers or new entrant workers who need HLTAID004 for pre-employment requirements.
- No prior knowledge or experience has been assumed in the delivery model however local entry requirements ensure that students are able demonstrate Basic Life Support on a resuscitation manikin which has been placed on the floor to ensure physical capability.
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Studiosity - online access to a real life tutor
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
This course is currently scheduled on Saturday 8.30am to 5.00pm and Monday 5.30pm to 8.30pm. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
This training is not subsidised by Government funding. There are no fee exemptions, concessions or subsidies available for this course.
Payment of course fee must be made PRIOR to commencement of learning activity.
You will need to provide for yourself the following resources which you will keep when you complete your study:
- TAFE NSW First aid textbook ($25) read, complete the self assessments in the text book prior to attending and this will assist them in answering the multi choice questions on the day.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
Enrolling with us is easy, though the exact process does depend on your course and any prerequisites that go with it. Be sure to read all course information carefully to make sure it is the right qualification, location and study type for you. Enrol and pay online via our secure payment gateway to secure your place. As you progress through the enrolment process you will be prompted to provide additional information.
For further information or assistance, call 131 601.
Find out more about Applying and Enrolling
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.Enrol Now
Cudgen Road, Kingscliff
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure