Course Start Date
8 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Apprenticeship Allowed
- This training is fully government-subsidised under JobTrainer
The nationally recognised Certificate III in Landscape Construction will pave the way for your career in landscaping to take shape. You will gain a range of trade skills, build a strong foundation of landscaping theory and hands-on knowledge and learn to transform a plain space into a natural oasis.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical coursework, learn to:
- Construct landscape features
- Use concrete, stone, bricks and blocks
- Understand soil and plant profiles
- Install drainage systems
- Cost, plan and set out a site for a project
- Establish turf
- Apply chemicals
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- A desire to work outdoors
- The ability to get your hands dirty
- Effective communication
- Attention to detail
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- Skills and knowledge to start your own sole trader business
- Sole trader
This course is superseded. You can still enrol in this course, and you will be contacted if you need to transition into the next version when it is available.
Discover the skills you need, for the job you want at a TAFE NSW Information Session.
This is a part time on campus course. You must attend approximately 8 hours of class. You may also be required to complete approximately 8 hours of additional study. This additional study could include private study, work placements and research.
The course will run 1 days a week for 3 years.
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
Australian Apprenticeships training can be on-the-job, off-the-job or a combination of both. TAFE NSW will negotiate your attendance and study pattern with you and your employer.
This is a fully government-subsidised JobTrainer course. Eligibility criteria applies.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
There are a range of study options for NSW Apprentices and eligible non-apprentices with relevant industry work experience in this course.
Under the NSW Government fee-free apprenticeship initiative, NSW apprentices that commence their training on or after 1 July 2018 may be eligible for fee-free training. Apprentices are required to provide evidence of their NSW apprenticeship to finalise their enrolment and applicable fees.
This course is also a TAFE NSW Trade Pathways Qualification and ideal if you have been working in this industry for an extended period of time but havent received a qualification. To be eligible to enrol as a non-apprentice and secure funding, you must firstly meet the Smart and Skilled eligibility criteria and be:
- over 21 years of age
- able to demonstrate and provide evidence of extensive industry experience and
- able to demonstrate relevant ongoing work experience and provide workplace evidence to support the achievement of competence.
You will need to provide for yourself the following resources which you will keep when you complete your study:
- scale rule(Kent 62M/Linex 433 or equivalent)
- circle template and set squares
- 0.5mm clutch pencil and protractor
- drawing compass, lever arch folder
- note paper and pens
- USB memory stick and eraser
- 1200mm spirit level, pocket spirit level
- 8m retractable tape measure
- 30m wind-up survey tape measure
- lump hammer and claw hammer
- rubber mallet and wooden mallet
- brick laying trowel and gauging trowel
- 25mm wood chisel and try square
- fluoro string lines x 2
- 4 x carpenters pencils (2x medium, 2 x hard)
- tool bag
- Workcover NSW WHS White Card
- work boots and broad-brim hat (minimum 80mm brim width)
- ear muffs to AS1269 and impact resistant safety glasses AS1336/AS1337
- Hi-vis safety vest
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
Before you can start an apprenticeship, you first need to find an employer in the industry you're interested in that will support you through your studies. You and your employer should contact an Apprenticeship Network Provider (ANP) and tell them you're interested in studying at TAFE NSW.
The ANP will help you and your employer to complete a Training Contract. Once you have a Training Contract, we will help you, your employer and the ANP to complete a Training Plan Proposal. Once you have both these documents, the ANP will lodge them with State Training Services, who will provide further advice about next steps.
For further information or assistance, call 131 601.
|AHCDRG301||Install drainage systems|
|AHCLSC301||Set out site for construction works|
|AHCLSC302||Construct landscape features using concrete|
|AHCLSC303||Construct brick and block structures and features|
|AHCLSC305||Construct stone structures and features|
|AHCLSC306||Implement a paving project|
|AHCLSC307||Implement a retaining wall project|
|AHCPCM302||Provide information on plants and their culture|
|AHCPGD301||Implement a plant establishment program|
|AHCSOL303||Implement soil improvements for garden and turf areas|
|AHCWHS301||Contribute to work health and safety processes|
|AHCLSC304||Erect timber structures and features|
|AHCLSC309||Install water features|
|AHCLSC401||Supervise landscape project works|
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure
22OUR-077 S:02 Feb 2022 E:28 Aug 2024 D:938