Course Start Date
13 Jul 2021
21 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Apprenticeship Allowed
- This training is fully government-subsidised under JobTrainer
The nationally recognised Certificate III in Parks and Gardens equips you with the knowledge and skills you need to thrive in a growing industry. Learn from horticulture experts, hone your skills in specialist training facilities, and turn your passion for nature into a fulfilling career today.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through theory and practical course work, youll learn to:
- Implement a plant nutrition program
- Improve soil quality
- Control weeds, plant pests, diseases and disorders
- Participate in work health and safety processes
- Use hand tools and machinery to create a park or garden
- Perform specialist pruning
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the personal attributes that will help you get ahead:
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Effective communication
- Research skills
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course will provide you with:
- A nationally recognised qualification at Certificate III level
- A trade
- Strong pathways to continued studies to enhance your career opportunities
- Skills and knowledge to start your own sole trader business
- Parks and gardens worker
GROW YOUR CAREER
Strengthen your knowledge with these higher level study options:
- Certificate IV in Horticulture
- Certificate IV in Sports Turf Management
- Diploma of Horticulture
- Diploma of Parks and Gardens Management
- Diploma of Landscape Design
- Diploma of Production Horticulture
The Gardening Services industry in Australia is forecast to generate $2.9 billion in revenue and increase by an annualised 2.2% in the five years to 2023/24.
Growth is expected to stem from population growth, rising household incomes, expansion in the number of households and an increasing trend of outsourcing garden and vegetation management services.
Discover the skills you need for the job you want at the TAFE NSW Information Sessions, 21-25 June 2021.
There are no information sessions currently scheduled for this course
This is a blended, part-time course. You will need to attend approximately 21 hours of class a week for 1 year.
You may also be required to complete approximately 10.8 hours of additional study each week outside of class hours, including assessment Prep and private Study.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who are interested in completing Certificate III in Parks and Gardens
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
Every effort is made by TAFE NSW staff to ensure a successful outcome for enrolled learners. TAFE NSW offers a free tutorial support service to all TAFE NSW learners and further support services include:
- Easy computing online short courses
- Library resources
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
The way you learn may change during your enrolment to ensure the best learning experience or to keep you safe as COVID-19 restrictions change, and some of our face to face classes may change to online or virtual classroom learning. Also, to ensure that we keep you safe while studying, we may modify our face to face classes to meet physical distancing requirements and increased cleaning on campus. If work placement and the demonstration of practical skills are requirements of your course, there may be a modification or delay in the planned timeframe due to COVID-19 impacts. Be assured, we'll keep you informed every step of the way.
This course is currently scheduled on Tuesday from 8.30am to 4.00pm. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
This is a fully government-subsidised JobTrainer course. Eligibility criteria applies.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
There are a range of study options for NSW Apprentices and eligible non-apprentices with relevant industry work experience in this course.
Under the NSW Government fee-free apprenticeship initiative, NSW apprentices that commence their training on or after 1 July 2018 may be eligible for fee-free training. Apprentices are required to provide evidence of their NSW apprenticeship to finalise their enrolment and applicable fees.
This course is also a TAFE NSW Trade Pathways Qualification and ideal if you have been working in this industry for an extended period of time but havent received a qualification. To be eligible to enrol as a non-apprentice and secure funding, you must firstly meet the Smart and Skilled eligibility criteria and be:
- over 21 years of age
- able to demonstrate and provide evidence of extensive industry experience and
- able to demonstrate relevant ongoing work experience and provide workplace evidence to support the achievement of competence.
You will need to provide for yourself the following resources which you will keep when you complete your study.
- A folder for storing notes and a binder book for writing information. Pens, highlighters etc.
- PPCE will be supplied however; learners will be encouraged to supply their own adequate protective footwear and clothing must be supplied by learners.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
Enrolling with us is easy, though the exact process does depend on your course and any prerequisites that go with it. Be sure to read all course information carefully to make sure it is the right qualification, location and study type for you. Enrol and pay online via our secure payment gateway to secure your place. As you progress through the enrolment process you will be prompted to provide additional information.
For further information or assistance, call 131 601.
|AHCWHS301||Contribute to work health and safety processes|
|AHCPCM302||Provide information on plants and their culture|
|AHCPCM301||Implement a plant nutrition program|
|AHCPMG302||Control plant pests, diseases and disorders|
|AHCCHM304||Transport and store chemicals|
|AHCMOM304||Operate machinery and equipment|
|AHCCHM307||Prepare and apply chemicals to control pest, weeds and diseases|
|AHCPGD301||Implement a plant establishment program|
|AHCPGD303||Perform specialist amenity pruning|
|AHCPGD302||Plan and maintain plant displays|
|AHCPGD305||Conduct operational inspection of park facilities|
|AHCSOL304||Implement soil improvements for garden and turf areas|
|AHCIRG346||Operate pressurised irrigation systems|
|AHCARB309||Implement a tree protection program|
Parks and Gardens Tradesperson
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.
13 Janison Street, Tamworth
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure