Course Start Date
10.9 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Apprenticeship Allowed
- This training is fully government-subsidised under JobTrainer
The nationally accredited Certificate III in Parks and Gardens equips you with the knowledge and skills you need to thrive in a growing industry. Learn from horticulture experts, hone your skills in specialist training facilities, and turn your passion for nature into a fulfilling career today.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical coursework, learn to:
- Implement a plant nutrition program
- Improve soil quality
- Control weeds, plant pests, diseases and disorders
- Participate in work health and safety processes
- Use hand tools and machinery to create a park or garden
- Perform specialist pruning
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- A willingness to learn and develop skills using hand tools and machinery to create a park or garden
- A desire to work primarily outdoors
- An interest in plants and the construction of gardens
- A willingness to get their hands dirty
- Resilience and the capacity to attend classes and complete all assessments while working in the industry
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- A trade qualification
- Strong pathways to continued studies to enhance your career opportunities
- Skills and knowledge to start your own sole trader business
- Parks and gardens worker
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your career further with the:
- Diploma of Horticulture
- Diploma of Landscape Design
- Diploma of Arboriculture
There are no information sessions currently scheduled for this course.
This is a part time, face to face course. You will need to attend approximately 7.6 hours of class, 1 day a week for 72 weeks. As well as the in-class component, you will need to complete approximately 3.3 hours of other study per week.
You may also be required to complete approximately 17.8 hours of additional study each week outside of class hours, including assignments, projects and worksheets.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who:
- like working in a mixture of indoor and outdoor environments
- have an interest in plants and the environment
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
An individual training plan will be provided when you enrol in this course. Your plan will outline the recommended study timetable and detail your units and assessments.
This is a fully government-subsidised JobTrainer course. Eligibility criteria applies.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
There are a range of study options for NSW Apprentices and eligible non-apprentices with relevant industry work experience in this course.
Under the NSW Government fee-free apprenticeship initiative, NSW apprentices that commence their training on or after 1 July 2018 may be eligible for fee-free training. Apprentices are required to provide evidence of their NSW apprenticeship to finalise their enrolment and applicable fees.
This course is also a TAFE NSW Trade Pathways Qualification and ideal if you have been working in this industry for an extended period of time but havent received a qualification. To be eligible to enrol as a non-apprentice and secure funding, you must firstly meet the Smart and Skilled eligibility criteria and be:
- over 21 years of age
- able to demonstrate and provide evidence of extensive industry experience and
- able to demonstrate relevant ongoing work experience and provide workplace evidence to support the achievement of competence.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
Before you can start an apprenticeship, you first need to find an employer in the industry you're interested in that will support you through your studies. You and your employer should contact an Apprenticeship Network Provider (ANP) and tell them you're interested in studying at TAFE NSW.
The ANP will help you and your employer to complete a Training Contract. Once you have a Training Contract, we will help you, your employer and the ANP to complete a Training Plan Proposal. Once you have both these documents, the ANP will lodge them with State Training Services, who will provide further advice about next steps.
For further information or assistance, call 131 601.
|AHCWHS301||Contribute to work health and safety processes|
|AHCPMG302||Control plant pests, diseases and disorders|
|AHCPCM301||Implement a plant nutrition program|
|AHCPCM302||Provide information on plants and their culture|
|AHCLSC302||Construct landscape features using concrete|
|AHCLSC304||Erect timber structures and features|
|AHCPCM303||Identify plant specimens|
|AHCLSC306||Implement a paving project|
|AHCPGD301||Implement a plant establishment program|
|AHCNSY306||Implement a propagation plan|
|AHCSOL303||Implement soil improvements for garden and turf areas|
|AHCNSY301||Maintain nursery plants|
|AHCPGD302||Plan and maintain plant displays|
|AHCCHM307||Prepare and apply chemicals to control pest, weeds and diseases|
|AHCCHM304||Transport and store chemicals|
|AHCIRG306||Troubleshoot irrigation systems|
Parks and Gardens Tradesperson
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.
Sneaths Road, Wollongbar
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure
21WLB-250 S:02 Jan 2021 E:30 Dec 2021 D:362